Some Tips for mapmaking with the new editor. - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum moderator: EbelAngel, Daddio 
Forum » Cossacks III » Map & Scenario Editing » Some Tips for mapmaking with the new editor.
Some Tips for mapmaking with the new editor.
EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 21/September/2016, 2:01 PM | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
1/ Don't use the ingame editor. It lacks a ton of options/menu's/hotkeys. Apparently its "WIP" according to one dev on steam.

2/ Use the external editor. When you launch the game in steam library select the "launch editor option'.

3/ It looks like the default map size is 256. You can increase it up to 1024 by creating a new map or change the value in random map generator:

4/ Looks like you can make it snow smile
Modules -> Environment

5/ To place objects/units you need to add players first under "Advanced->Players". Then use the Tool Palette under "Layer->Players (CTRL+ALT+U) to select the player and and units/buildings/decoration.

6/ Manipulating terrain is fairly easy. Select "Layer->Terrain" (CTRL+ALT+T) and pick your brushes/factor and operation to perform (lower/raise/smooth/...)

7/ To add buildings you need to change the 'player race' under "Advanced-> Players->player race-> select buildings ". Then go back to your Tool palette to place buildings. (CTRL+ALT+U)

8/    To scroll the map, use the arrow keys or hold down right mouse button and move around. Mouse Wheel will zoom in or out.

9/     CTRL+Arrow keys will move the selection in that direction.

10/    Some Hotkeys

ALT+F4        Close
CTRL+N        Create new map
CTRL+O        Open Map
CTRL+S        Save Map
CTRL+T        Test Map
CTRL+ALT+R    Reload Map
CTRL+C         Copy
CTRL+V        Paste
CTRL+L         View Lightning
CTRL+G         View Grid
CTRL+A         Select ALL
DEL         Delete
F2            Player Menu
F3            Generate water fields

F6            Triggers
F7           State Machines (GUI) (Also CTRL+F5)
F9            Cadencer
F11            Object Manager
F12            Save Map terrain data
CTRL+Z        Load map terrain data

CTRL+ALT+P     Patterns (terrain samples)
CTRL+ALT+O     Constructor
CTRL+ALT+I    Collision
CTRL+ALT+D     Decals
CTRL+ALT+C     Cameras
CTRL+ALT+U     Players
CTRL+ALT+T     Terrain

Space         Reset brush, unselect previous brush.

11/ You can set skyboxes, moon/sun/stars/time/seasons in the editor. I hope they take full advantage of this in future dlc's. There's a ton of options, so many it would be a waste to not use them on maps.

A Kings musketeer enjoying sunset love

All the available environment options:

12/ If you take a screenshot from within the editor (View->Create Screenshot) it ends up in your \User\Documents\cossacks\screenshots\date  folder

13/ To add water go to Modules -> Water Fields. Set up a new field, give it some height/depth. Once you have added it you can select it and a box will show up which you can move around. You then have to build terrain around or make it fit in your terrain.

You can also go to  Modules -> Water for more water options. You can also be lazy and go to Script ->Generate water fields (F3).

I'll add more things as i find them out. If you find some things out - do share! we lack any information for this new editor.

DaddioDate: Monday, 26/September/2016, 1:59 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
You are amazing Angel.

Good work! glad you are back.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

rexoschysterDate: Tuesday, 29/November/2016, 6:20 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Well, I know this is way too old, but I still haven't found out how to load the maps you create with the editor in a real match...so...anyone?

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 29/November/2016, 7:43 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote rexoschyster ()
Well, I know this is way too old, but I still haven't found out how to load the maps you create with the editor in a real match...so...anyone?

There is no interface yet to load custom maps, sadly.

rexoschysterDate: Thursday, 01/December/2016, 5:01 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
Quote EbelAngel ()
There is no interface yet to load custom maps, sadly.
So....all of this....it is completely useless? You create maps you'll never use....

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 01/December/2016, 6:23 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Quote rexoschyster ()
So....all of this....it is completely useless? You create maps you'll never use....

No, you can play test a map you made directly from the editor..so its not useless. And i'm sure at one point they will add the ability to load custom maps.
You could also load them through the campaign interface if you wanted to, but thats not quite as simple.

rexoschysterDate: Friday, 02/December/2016, 7:50 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
oh...since I'm pretty lost in the sea f the options of the editor, how do I load the maps?

Forum » Cossacks III » Map & Scenario Editing » Some Tips for mapmaking with the new editor.
Page 1 of 11
Search: