[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » General Chat » What is Everyone Playing These Days?
What is Everyone Playing These Days?
ab_99Date: Wednesday, 29/May/2013, 12:51 PM | Message # 11
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Quote (Ftoomsh)
I have added log cabins to some (4) nations. Only problem is there are no progress animations so you see the blank paving and then the whole building. With Ukraine, who do not have paving, you see nothing but grass till the log cabin is finished. This looks a bit odd and is unprofessional but the rest of the mod is great. If anyone can help me with a few animations (ideas or actual pics) for the log cabin build that would be great thanks.

Share a link to your files, maybe I can help you to draw a building of Ukraine. smile

FtoomshDate: Thursday, 30/May/2013, 2:40 AM | Message # 12
Count
Awards: 0
Quote (ab_99)
Share a link to your files, maybe I can help you to draw a building of Ukraine

I should have been clearer. The log cabins I added are simply from the set of buildings in Cossacks BTW.  The .MD file for the log cabin is BGAUZ.MD. In standard Cossacks BTW these log cabins only appear in scenarios, missions or starts where they are present from the start. They are never available to build in the peasants' build menu. Therefore, I assume they were created with only the finished building graphic and no build progress graphics. Even if I could add in one or two build progress graphics that would do. I thought taking the full graphic and then removing sections for earlier build graphics might work. But I don't know anything about pics or graphics. I have just been fine tuning .MD and .NDS files to rebalance Davout's OC MOD. I have created no new buldings and only one new unit by cloning (resusing existing pics).

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 30/May/2013, 10:00 PM | Message # 13
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
You could take the blockhouses from AC or Imperia ( same but with Cossacks Colours i think) those have build stages, but not sure how they look size wise.

FtoomshDate: Friday, 31/May/2013, 10:56 AM | Message # 14
Count
Awards: 0
Quote (EbelAngel)
You could take the blockhouses from AC or Imperia ( same but with Cossacks Colours i think) those have build stages, but not sure how they look size wise.

I suspect the blockhouse from AC would have much too big a footprint. The blockhouse from Imperia might work but I have no idea how to "take it" or get it. I assume I would need the .MD file and the .GP file or files. Where would I find them?

You will have to forgive me for being totally unschooled at modding. I have only just taught myself to mod by changing .MD and .NDS files for Cossacks 1. I know nothing else about modding.

Forum » General Talk » General Chat » What is Everyone Playing These Days?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: