18thc dragoons and chasseurs train quickly. Early farming upgrades are cheaper. Uncommon choice, complex nation well balanced for any peacetime setting.
- 17thc Pikemen 4th attack upgrade carries +1 defense point, ignoring the last attack upgrade (only gives +1) saves 45% on the total attack training cost.
- Mod: 17thc Pikemen cost 16% less.
- 18thc Musketeers first 3 attack upgrades cost 12% less.
- Unique Musketeers (Chasseurs) train 50% faster than the Pandur, have +2 attack.
- Mod: 18thc Musketeers cost 23% less.
- 17thc Musketeers achieve +2 additional attack through training (best upgrade bonus in version 1.29).
- Mod: 17thc Musketeers also have +1 attack.
- 18thc Dragoons train 50% faster, use 75% less iron and coal.
- Grenadiers first attack upgrade costs 10% less, first defense upgrade costs 10% less.
- Unique 17thc Dragoon (King's Musketeer) with 100 attack points out-of-the-box, use 75% less iron and coal than other 17thc dragoons.
- 17thc Drummers total defense upgrades cost 24% less.
- Academy farming upgrade #1 costs 3% less.
- Academy farming upgrade #2 costs 22% less.
- Academy fishing boat upgrade requires 9% less gold.
- Academy wall/tower strength upgrade costs 6% less.
- Church has 43% more hitpoints.
- Town Hall has 12% more hitpoints.
- Buildings (except church) are relatively small and harder for artillery to target.
- Cuirassiers first attack upgrade costs are swapped with second (costs a lot of food early in the game).
- 17thc Pikemen first 3 attack upgrades cost 20% more.
- Mod: 17thc Pikemen have 11% fewer hitpoints.
- 18thc Pikemen total attack upgrades cost 4% more.
- Unique Musketeers (Chasseurs) cost 117% more than the Pandur, maxrange 800 (6% shorter).
- Mod: 18thc Musketeers train 17% slower.
- 17thc Musketeers total attack upgrades cost 50% more, first 3 defense upgrades cost 37% more, total defense upgrades cost 10% more.
- Mod: 17thc Musketeers cost +6 gold, train 6% slower.
- Hussars first 3 attack upgrades cost 16% more, first 3 defense upgrades cost 16% more.
- 18thc Dragoons cost 85% more, have 76% higher wage cost, musket attack 67% less, maxrange 800 (11% shorter), 63% fewer hitpoints. Hint: As they have a high keeping cost, don't let these guys wait around long. Instead, get the upgrades and wait until later in the game when you have 7 or more stables to train a lot of them quickly.
- Mod: 18thc Dragoons have only 19% higher wage cost, musket attack only 61% less, maxrange restored to 900.
- King's Musketeers train 127% slower, maxrange 700 (22% shorter), rate of attack cannot be upgraded (worst in the game), defense upgrades cost 143% more.
- 18thc Drummers total defense upgrades cost 15% more.
- 17thc Drummers "miss out" on 2 possible defense points through training (ok, whatever).
- 18thc Officers total attack upgrades cost 6% more, total defense upgrades cost 24% more.
- 17thc Officers total attack upgrades cost 50% more, total defense upgrades cost 55% more.
- Advance to 18th Century costs 16% more.
- Shipyard repair ship-of-the-line upgrade costs 12% more.
- Academy farming upgrade #3 costs 8% more.
- Academy infinite fields' capacity upgrade costs +300 gold.
- Academy +1000 fishing upgrade costs 9% more.
- Academy frigate upgrade costs 7% more.
- Academy artillery accuracy upgrade #1 costs 64% more.
- Academy artillery accuracy upgrade #2 costs 14% more.
- Additional blacksmiths cost 2x more.
Church costs 60% more, takes 2x longer to build.