Cheap early upgrades for the heavy rider and 18thc pikeman. Cav guards train exceptionally fast. The Saxon grenadier is the best in the game. Well balanced, good choice for mid-to-long peacetime settings.
- 17thc Pikemen first 3 attack upgrades cost 8% less.
- 18thc Pikemen first 2 attack upgrades cost 79% less, first 2 defense upgrades cost 16% less.
- 18thc Musketeers have +10 musket attack, musket attack 11% faster, use 50% less iron and coal, can achieve +30 musket attack through training (best in the game).
- 17thc Musketeers earn 1 extra attack point with first upgrade.
- Grenadiers cost 9% less, train 33% faster, have +3 pike attack, 41% faster pike attack, +3 shot attack, +20 grenade attack.
- Heavy Riders first 3 attack upgrades cost 31% less.
- Heavy Riders (Cav Guard) train 50% faster, have 9% more hitpoints, have +4 attack (33% more), have +3 arrow armor, have +2 shot armor (67% more).
- 17thc Dragoons first 3 attack upgrades cost 25% less, first 3 defense upgrades cost 17% less.
- 18thc Officers total attack upgrades cost 61% less.
- Shipyard repair ship-of-the-line upgrade costs 76% less.
- Academy wall/tower strength upgrade costs 23% less.
- Town Halls have 7% more hitpoints.
- Advance to 18th Century costs 5% more.
- 18thc Musketeers train 533% slower, have no bayonet attack.
- 17thc Musketeers first 3 defense upgrades cost 7% more.
- Grenadiers have -10% hitpoints.
- Heavy Riders first 3 defense upgrades cost 3% more, total defense upgrades cost 3% more.
- Heavy Riders (Cav Guard) cost 32% more, have 85% less grapeshot armor, have -1 sword armor.
- Heavy Riders (Cav Guard) total attack upgrades cost 568% more, total defense upgrades cost 456% more.
- 18thc Drummers total defense upgrades cost 65% more.
- 18thc Officers total defense upgrades cost 49% more (143% more gold).