17thc muskets strong, but slow to produce. Two unique units, the Roundshier and the Croat make Austria an interesting choice for low peacetime games. Otherwise, a well balanced choice for any peacetime setting.
- Peasants have 100% more hitpoints.
- Roundshiers have 81% more hitpoints than Light Infantrymen, attack 8% faster, defense upgrades cost 28% less, wear upgradeable armor (very nice protection vs sword, shot and grapeshot).
- Mod: Grenadiers cost 26% less.
- Mod: 18thc Musketeers have +3 bayonet attack.
- 17thc Musketeers have 10% more hitpoints, have +1 attack, minrange 350 (13% closer), maxrange 850 (6% farther), wear armor.
- Hussars (Croats) cost 31% less, attack upgrades cost 35% less, defense upgrades cost 40% less.
- Shipyard repair ship-of-the-line upgrade costs 76% less.
- Town Hall builds 70% faster.
- 18thc Barracks can be built up to 23% faster with maximum peasants.
- Roundshiers train 150% slower than Light Infantrymen, attack upgrades cost 15% more.
- Mod: Grenadiers train 57% slower.
- Mod: 18thc Musketeers cost 38% more.
- 17thc Musketeers cost 13% more, train 50% slower, armor cannot be upgraded.
Hussars (Croats) train 32% slower, have -2 attack, maximum attack upgrade 15% lower (-3), maximum defense upgrade 7% lower (-1).