[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » NEED HELP WITH FORMATIONS (flagbearer, a drummer and a officer in a formation)
NEED HELP WITH FORMATIONS
peter5555Date: Thursday, 10/May/2012, 0:07 AM | Message # 21
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote (ab_99)
Engine "American Conquest" does not support more than three officers in the formation of.

Thanks for your answer....but I have a doubt....in other forum I read that in Cossacks is possible to make formation with three officer, that is 1 officer, 1 drummer and 1 flagbearer.....and yet Cossacks is maked for two offerc only, that is 1 officer and 1 drummer.....
Can you explie me?????

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 10/May/2012, 6:35 AM | Message # 22
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
peter5555,

I assume that when you say "i'v read in the other forum..." that you mean the Cossacks 2 forum. On Cossacks 2 it is possible to have 3 staff members ( officer, drummer, flagbearer) in one formation because the game was set up that way ( Read : the engine has been set up that way to accept 3 staff members).
As I believe, the normal cossacks 1 engine cannot handle this many.

The reference to Awar's modification is correct, but once again, Awar has changed the engine and mostlikely added an extra slot for staff members in a formation.

Now, it could very well be possible that the Cossacks 1 engine can handle it, but for that someone needs to read the Cossacks 1 engine source and see if there is a unused option available for this , or alternatively modify the engine source to allow for this.

ab_99Date: Thursday, 10/May/2012, 8:23 AM | Message # 23
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
peter5555
a little fantasy :-)
in the "American Conquest", you can use the priest as a guard for an officer, he will follow the squad and you will have: 1 officer, 1 drummer and a flagbearer + priest

peter5555Date: Thursday, 10/May/2012, 6:55 PM | Message # 24
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
ab_99,
Thanks so much Ab....it works :-) yehhhhh.....but excuse me: why when I assign a priest as guard for 1 officer, the priest do not appear when I type Ctrl+A??? I observed that to selection the priest I must locate he and I must click on he for to select he. There is a mode for to appear the priest when I assign he as guard?
Thanks more for your IDEA :-) it's very very ingenious and intelligent :-)

Added (10/May/2012, 6:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
EbelAngel, Thanks for your answer but I was referring to Cossacks I; however I misread the posts. The posts are there of this discussion; the posts in page 1 and 2 of this forum; I actually reread the posts and I understand that Chicor writes that the possibility of add a drummer, a officer and a flagbearer in Cossacks is not permitted.
However in the final, in American Conquest is not possible to make a formation with 1 officer, 1 drummer, 1 flagbearer and 1 priest? Is it true? The only mode to do this is to use the priest as a guard of a member of the formation: this is not a mine idea but an excellent and super IDEA of AB_99; he is a person very very intelligent! :-)
Thanks more for your interest and your answer :-)

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » NEED HELP WITH FORMATIONS (flagbearer, a drummer and a officer in a formation)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: