• «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » anybody still play cossacks 2
anybody still play cossacks 2
kirjasbeltranDate: Friday, 27/March/2015, 6:16 PM | Message # 11
Viscount
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Okay. If it's not too much to ask, can you send me a link? Btw i only have bfe installed on my pc

Added (27/March/2015, 6:16 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Another one of my cons in playing Cossacks 2 is that you cannot destroy buildings with your units unless you have artillery units At your arsenal. The only way to make up for this is if you capture all settlements, though it may make sense since in real life, you cannot destroy buildings using guns, bow and arrows or melee weapons. This is another one of Cossacks 2's difference from other rts games. I also consider having one of my squadrons loosing their morale as a con even though I attacked an AI controlled squadron, usually whenever that AI controlled squadron attacked one of my squadrons with rifles.. it also sucks whenever an AI controlled battalion will retreat if I attempt to attack it. My cons in having my squad loose its morale is that I have to filter the remaining ones so that I can reassemble the disbanded formation

Message edited by kirjasbeltran - Friday, 10/April/2015, 0:39 AM

DaddioDate: Saturday, 28/March/2015, 0:18 AM | Message # 12
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
You can destroy buildings with grenades from grenadiers, as well as engineers using powder kegs.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

kirjasbeltranDate: Saturday, 09/May/2015, 0:17 AM | Message # 13
Viscount
will there be a possibility of a re-release of cossacks 2 with its updated maps and the ability to choose the number of opponents plus the size of the maps?

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2015, 2:06 AM | Message # 14
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I have not heard anything along those lines.

But it would be great wouldn't it?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

kirjasbeltranDate: Thursday, 14/May/2015, 0:53 AM | Message # 15
Viscount
Yes.. BTW I have a cossacks 2 installed via steam on my laptop... strange thing is that it suddenly crashes during a game... is there a way for me to remedy this? I'm afraid that it might mess up my laptop again

Added (14/May/2015, 0:53 AM)
---------------------------------------------
suggested changes if there is a re-release of cossacks 2;

1. all maps should be able to accomodate up to at least 9 or 18 players.. all maps are randomly generated like their cossacks 1, american conquest and even their aoe, rise of nations and celtic kings versions(applicable to both napoleonic wars and battle for europe; if it is in nw, we could have like 3 nations of the same type X6 while in bfe, then it is two nations of the same type. otherwise, exactly 6 if in nw and exactly 9 if in bfe. if maps can accomodate up to exactly 9 players, you can no longer choose two nations of the same type, ie if you choose to play as the french, you cannot choose the french as an ai opponent, nor can you choose two nations of the same type as opponents(2 british, prussian, russian, austrian, etc)

2. in addition to suggestion 1, i would suggest an ability to capture enemy techs, only if all existing nations can be accomodated on a single map.. if this is present, there are two ways such as using priests (or mullahs if playing as the egyptians) to convert opposing peasants/serfs, provided that the flag of its nation is still present on its icon, or the capture ability using any infantry or cavalry unit, similar to cossacks 1 and american conquest. the main restriction to be retained is officers, drummers and standard bearers(whether they can lead individually or has  to be together) can only lead formations from their own nations, and cannot lead other nations' formations(ie french variants can only lead french infantry but not from british, russians, prussians, austrians, egyptians, spanish, polish and rhine)

3. for egypt; include an egyptian variant of the standard nearer, both on foot and mounted, and also include a camel variant to lead badouin formations. drummer can remain camel mounted its original cossacks 2 variant, except that it can also lead a badouin formation. archers should also be led by officers, drummers and standard bearer instead of forming an independent formation. i would also suggest an egyptian and camel variant of the mameluke.

4. it would be better if formations can only be organized if officer, drummer and standard bearer are all present as opposed to individually, if not only 2/3 of them are present. in addition, there should also be mounted variants of the drummer and officer, except when playing as the egyptians wherein its drummer is already mounted.

Message edited by kirjasbeltran - Tuesday, 12/May/2015, 4:58 PM

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » anybody still play cossacks 2
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: