[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » MY AC modding archive (links to my past mods and files)
MY AC modding archive
EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 12/June/2013, 2:56 AM | Message # 11
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Ienzo)
Are these archives? I don't recall where this is used.
Myes  , these are install shield archives, but you are right, data2.cab seems to be broken. Its a bit big to open with , say wordpad to see what's in it. Mostlikely images going by the size ( gp's) There were also 2 setup.exe's init (?), one's flagged by the antivirus.

Then i remember Gex posted his version on the hawsk forum a while ago, it was of a different structure ( called MnS.Exe) but ofcourse that link has gone dead. I wonder if anyone ever downloaded that one. Might have a working data2.cab in it.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 17/June/2013, 0:47 AM | Message # 12
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Right, so figured it out.

Repacked the files into a .rar  ( its just sound files and the 2 mod.gs1 files). (No silly .exe installers)

I put them on a copy of AC and it seems to work fine. Its just it looks unfinished work to me even though it comes from the 'final' version. There's a variety of things that should be adressed, one of the major things would be that all .gp's national colour is blue. I assume bucanniere had no idea how to get around that issue back when he made the mod. Other things are icons that are misplaced etc. Some funny units in this mod though  ' Cardinals in the 'Papal States". Was fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nutuwwzwz36t439/MusketAndSwordWarsFiles.rar

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » MY AC modding archive (links to my past mods and files)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: