[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Comparing engines
Comparing engines
peteDate: Monday, 04/October/2010, 1:23 PM | Message # 41
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
OC_Davout are you thinking of another major mod? Any ideas on what era you will cover? And if you are doing a mod, please mod the AC engine, Cossacks 2 just doesn't cut it, have a shot and you will see what I mean.

[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 04/October/2010, 4:13 PM | Message # 42
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
i disagree with you there, if it wasn't for map size. C2 would be the best engine possible. thats just my opinion

Non progredi est regredi

OC_DavoutDate: Monday, 04/October/2010, 8:04 PM | Message # 43
Knight
Group: Checked
Quote (pete)
OC_Davout are you thinking of another major mod? Any ideas on what era you will cover? And if you are doing a mod, please mod the AC engine, Cossacks 2 just doesn't cut it, have a shot and you will see what I mean.

Please specify your reasons for making this statement.

OssDate: Tuesday, 05/October/2010, 5:09 AM | Message # 44
Count
I didn't like c2 either when I first played it. But after playing around in the editor its way better!!!
There's just way more stuff happening and more stuff to edit.

Don't get me wrong I love AC the way its is. I do wish there were gigantic maps and random maps in c2 though. (sob)

ideas on what era you will cover?
cough wwII cough

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 05/October/2010, 11:21 PM | Message # 45
lol dont let our next plans outa the bag oss

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Wednesday, 06/October/2010, 12:35 PM | Message # 46
Count
Group: Modders
I just find the formations too tightly packed, I dont like the game play as much as I did Cossacks/American Conquest, they made a simple game too complicated in my opion.

OssDate: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 2:28 AM | Message # 47
Count
wacko woops.
they made a simple game too complicated in my opinion.
They did n some areas. Like having to micro manage every squad to open fire I think is tedious. While in ac I would leave a formation in an area to blockade or what not and they would get tons of kills and experience.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 3:35 AM | Message # 48
thats why imma emplament a auto fire in my mod

Non progredi est regredi

JMDate: Wednesday, 15/February/2012, 5:37 PM | Message # 49
Baron
Group: Users
If there is any behaviour I would like to see implemented in a Cossacks 1 successor, it would be this:

1) Troops being able to LIE DOWN. (Yes, they cannot fire like this - except maybe sharpshooters. But it is historical for British troops to lie down behind crests to avoid artillery fire.)

2) Being able to dig trenches and occupy them.

3) Built-in experience, so that soldiers who have faced combat more often and killed more enemies have better morale and superior accuracy in future engagements. This might have to apply to formations only, because keeping track of 8000 or more individual soldiers' stats might be a pain. (Modern programming and PCs could probably handle this, though.) It would drive the game to keeping formations topped up, as destruction of the officer and drummer and breakup of the formation back into individuals would lose all those bonuses. The only other question is whether TOO much combat should start to degrade efficiency as the men become battle-weary - but this would be the devil to arrange, for how do you decide how much war is too much?

Now if only I had enough programming experience to hack and change the AI... Aah, someday in another life...

Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Comparing engines
Search: