[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » General Chat » What goes on in GSC? (Will GSC support Cossacks series games?)
What goes on in GSC?
NowyDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 3:01 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
GSC developed many fine games including Cossacks anad American Conquest series rts games which are main subjects on cossacksworld website.

Later they abadoned these games and devloped STALKER series FPS games.
Now it looks that they run aground or keep all news about future games in silent.

I read somewhere that some people quit their post in this company.
Is it true that Evgeny Grigorovich, main C2 project menager and Anton Bolshakov project diector went away too?

If I know General Director/Producer Sergiey Grigorovich, awarded as entrepreneur of the year, and PR Director Oleg Yavorsky still are working in company.
But I can not see any real news about new games projects or something interesting for rts gamers.

GSC of course did few small things for Cossacks funs, but it was too little.
There are not any new improvements, patches or add-ons to these famous games.

What goes on in GSC? Will this company support Cossacks series games?

Added (04/December/2011, 3:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hm, this is cossacks information site and there is any answer on my question about C2 developers.
Really nobody knows anything in that matter?

Sad.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 3:21 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Nowy)
Hm, this is cossacks information site and there is any answer on my question about C2 developers.
Really nobody knows anything in that matter?

Its an information site about the Cossacks games, not about the current personnel status off GSC.

This is a fan-based site, voluntary and non profitable. What is done here is done by fans in their free time. I can't force GSC to release information.

If there is information or I get information about Cossacks, then I will post it. Absence off it, mostlikely means there is none.

NowyDate: Thursday, 15/December/2011, 11:29 AM | Message # 3
Marquis
OK I can understand that there is none information about Cossacks, but there is nothing bad in asking about it.

Cossacksworld is quite interesting site, therefore I am still member here.
Think that cossacks fans can ask and get in answer some informations. cool

Added (15/December/2011, 11:29 AM)
Rumours about GSC supposedly closing down started in 9 December 2011.

But unaccountably GSC representative have not cleared anything since that time.

These rumours fired up when someone informed that Sergiey Grigorovich probably say that he is going to stop financing STALKER 2 project and lay off developers working under this game. They will get their salary only to February 2012.

Nevertheless GSC-fan.com informed that GSC PR Director say something like that
Quote (Oleg Javorsky")
You have a hope and give a hope for other people that this project still will alive. Internet this is their weapon

It looks that something is going on, but there in no official information.

I asked here about GSC in November. Then nobody can not answered me and there still is unclear situation. sad

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 15/December/2011, 11:33 AM

DaddioDate: Saturday, 17/December/2011, 8:54 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
As a business man myself, I can pretty much confirm that the public will be the last to know if they are going to shutdown. A company, even a failing one has value. That value is diminished if it is known that it is failing. He has spent his life building and forming his business, and I am sure would like to sell it if possible to at least get something for all his hard work.

People get layed off all the time in this business, Projects get cut, and companies go in other directions. I would not place too much credit to the rumor, if this is the only reason for it.

Anyway this is interesting news, but We will be the last to know for sure! cool (and rightly so I think)

Good gaming,

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

NowyDate: Wednesday, 09/May/2012, 10:18 AM | Message # 5
Marquis
You was clearly right Daddio, but that matter still is interesting to know, maybe somebody have any news, what goes on with former developer GSC?

The last news on their official site was prepared half a year ago.

So many time has gone and Cossacks funs still have not any real informations in that matter.
Is it really mean that GSC shutdown their doors?

kirjasbeltranDate: Wednesday, 15/July/2015, 5:37 PM | Message # 6
Viscount
Awards: 0
How I do wish they could have also made rts games in a 20th century onwards setting that focuses on modern military and is possibly set during ww1, ww2, or any similar settings, gsc's own "version" of either company of heroes or command and conquer generals and other related games, or if not a sci-if setting game that takes place in the future, similar to Starcraft that focuses on humans and other alien races. I wonder what that would look like?

Added (15/July/2015, 5:37 PM)
I'd love to see another american conquest game that takes place during the indian wars.. US military taking on various native american tribes. a possible sequel to american conquest divided nation

ivenendDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 6:43 AM | Message # 7
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Cossacks 3 has been released!

Forum » General Talk » General Chat » What goes on in GSC? (Will GSC support Cossacks series games?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: