[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Which Cossacks and version is the best for Win 7?
Which Cossacks and version is the best for Win 7?
UltravioletDate: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 5:43 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi everyone, I'm a huge fan of Cossacks but I haven't played it for ages and now I'm looking to download it but I read all the forums (here, CDVusa, Steam, etc) and I found that all Cossacks have problems with Win7 (colours, multiplayer, campaigns, etc).

I want to play Cossacks I, so which one is better, European War, Art of War o Back to War, and which version, 1.0, 2.0, 1.35??? I think Back to War would be the best for Win7 but from where? The Steam version or Intel AppUp version? I have no problem to pay $5 for that but if it doesn't work I prefer to try the "free" version on the internet...

According to your experience which is better?

I hope you can understand my english wacko

thank!!!

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 10:22 AM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Some time ago I've downloaded American Conquest from Steam. I've only played it 2-3 times and abandoned it because it wasn't my cup of tea. I prefer Cossacks 2. But I was playing on laptop with Win7 32-bit and had no problems whatsoever with the game itself.

I hope this helps a little.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

CichorDate: Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 7:11 PM | Message # 3
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Ultraviolet)
I want to play Cossacks I, so which one is better, European War, Art of War o Back to War, and which version, 1.0, 2.0, 1.35???

2.0? I never heard about it. smile

Link to list of all versions of Cossacks:
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-14

Quote (Ultraviolet)

I think Back to War would be the best for Win7 but from where? The Steam version or Intel AppUp version? I have no problem to pay $5 for that

Amazon, ebay many options to buy legal version because...

Quote (Ultraviolet)

but if it doesn't work I prefer to try the "free" version on the internet...

... If you write again about piracy etc. I will be forced to banned you. If it is no problem to spend few $ then it is no problem to find somewhere box version of game.

Quote (Ultraviolet)
According to your experience which is better?

Actually, most popular version on the internet is Back to War 1.35. To eliminate problems with Win 7 install patch for Win 7 and for modern graphics cards. Eventually install another operating system (of course Win XP) or run virtual operating system.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Message edited by Cichor - Tuesday, 20/December/2011, 7:12 PM

UltravioletDate: Monday, 26/December/2011, 2:19 PM | Message # 4
Esquire
Thank for your help.

Cichor, I'm not talking about piracy or promoting it, I said I would pay for something that I'm pretty sure that works.... actually I've bought the Cossacks and American Conquest Pack from Steam... biggrin

So now I'm going to play it!!!

Thank!!!

JMDate: Friday, 03/February/2012, 2:56 PM | Message # 5
Baron
I'm waiting for AppUp to have European Wars sorted out for Vista and W7, mostly because I already belong to Appup but also because all the games my brother owns on Steam require him to be connected to the internet to enable play. If someone could tell me that European Wars from Steam can be played stand-alone without net access, I might be happier about getting the Vista/7-compatible version from there. (I want it for a couple of very long airplane flights I'll be going on.)

SergioDate: Thursday, 07/June/2012, 10:35 PM | Message # 6
Esquire
http://gamespro.org.ua/
Великий ігровий архів, ігри на всі платформи.

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 08/June/2012, 7:01 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Sergio)
http://gamespro.org.ua/
Великий ігровий архів, ігри на всі платформи.

At least do an effort to write in English when you are on an English site, if you are trying to make an advertisement for this game site.

DesabuseDate: Saturday, 03/November/2012, 11:12 AM | Message # 8
Esquire
Good afternoon,

I have one question.
I have win7. I tried to setup cossacks btw, but setup didn't run. I tried cossacks imperia. But graphic was incorrect. How can I fix these problems.
Thanks a lot.

Added (03/November/2012, 11:12 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Good afternoon,

I have 3 questions about the Windows 7 and cossacks.
1. Can I use Cossacks imperia in windows 7, when i downloaded Colour fix program.
2. Other question: i have windows 7, but i can't run setup of cossack btw. What can I do?
3. What graphics card is the best for cosacks in windows 7 or xp?

D.

MrRivDate: Thursday, 03/January/2013, 0:47 AM | Message # 9
Knight
(Desabuse)
Can I use Cossacks imperia in windows 7, when i downloaded Colour fix program.

Is the Windows 7 Color fix a seperate file or is it an override of previous files, such as a new dmcr.exe. If not, just install Imperia, and follow the steps in the spoiler:

(Desabuse)
Other question: i have windows 7, but i can't run setup of cossack btw. What can I do?

How are you trying to install it? Do you have it on some online retailer? Contact them and look on their forums about it. If it is boxed and in a CD, first open the box :p. If auto run doesn't start, go into My Computer, and right click on the CD icon, or the drive with the game in it. You should see a little menu appear. Click on explore, and look for an installer.exe, install.exe, or autorun.exe.

(Desabuse)
What graphics card is the best for cosacks in windows 7 or xp?

I don't think it's the graphics card necessarily nowadays, but it is the updated graphic drivers. There is nothing else I can think of besides what I have posted above to make it run cleanly.

Message me if you have problems with any of the above methods for fixing the color errors.

I speak English. Je parle francais. Mowim po polsku. Говорю на русском. Ich spreche Deutsch.

Historian and C/C++/C#, Java, Python, Basic, HTML, XML programmer.

Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Which Cossacks and version is the best for Win 7?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: