[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3
Cossacks 3
NowyDate: Monday, 02/February/2015, 12:25 PM | Message # 11
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Hm, time goes on and there still are not official information in that matter. It looks quite strange, when there were rumours that GSC Game Wold get back. It were only suggestions that they work under video game, but any real facts. Will they develop Cossacks 3 or other RTS game now? Is it realy hard inform comunity about their actual work? Any discusion about new game features or customers wishes.

domCossackDate: Saturday, 07/February/2015, 7:53 PM | Message # 12
Baron
Awards: 0
Quote Nowy ()
Hm, time goes on and there still are not official information in that matter. It looks quite strange, when there were rumours that GSC Game Wold get back. It were only suggestions that they work under video game, but any real facts. Will they develop Cossacks 3 or other RTS game now? Is it realy hard inform comunity about their actual work? Any discusion about new game features or customers wishes.

Not sure if you've already hit this mark, but chances are that they will develop a Stalker 2. According to the interview (which posts indicate you've already read) it is the most touched topic, with official confirmation that it was already on the reins. Also noting that Stalker had a much greater success than Cossacks (I don't have much evidence to prove this other than my experience with both communities, however). It would only make sense that if you're doing a comeback, at least make it big enough to leave an impact.

Well, we can only hope and wait, though.

Message edited by domCossack - Saturday, 07/February/2015, 7:54 PM

NowyDate: Sunday, 08/February/2015, 1:07 PM | Message # 13
Marquis
I hope that they can get back and work under new Cossacks 3 game. GSC Game World already worked under Stalker 2 game, then shut the doors few year ago. So, Stalker was the last nail in their coffin and things went bad. Since a short time there are few rumours and unofficial remarks that they will work under new, old fashioned game. This could mean that it can be RTS game.
GSC could officialy inform about their plans in that matter.

They have a hard time and suffer with war on East Ukraine now. Nevertheless I hope that they can find some money and time to develop new Cossacks 3 game.

BargergoDate: Friday, 13/February/2015, 4:57 PM | Message # 14
Noblemen
http://www.polygon.com/2015....lans-to

"GSC's next project is nearing an alpha state, and will be announced soon."

MarshalDate: Friday, 13/February/2015, 6:04 PM | Message # 15
Count
Hmm, seeing that they consider STALKER to e such a great hit I am losing hope that their next release will be Cossacks, if they really have returned that is.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Saturday, 14/February/2015, 8:59 PM | Message # 16
Marquis
Quote Bargergo
http://u.to/Lxp2Cg

"GSC's next project is nearing an alpha state, and will be announced soon." 

Hmm, this is still unclear information. GSC Game World will defend the STALKER franchise and plans announce its next title soon.
Does it mean that their next game will be STALKER?

This information suggest that Evgeniy Grigorovich has been given the role of producer on their next title.
If I remember well, he was Cossacks 2 game project menager. So, there is a hope that their next title could be Cossacks 3.

New RTS game would be better choise, than silly get back to their old flash based project closed few years ago.
There are lot of games similar to STALkER style, while there are any new games similar to Cossacks. So, there is nice niche without serious competiton for RTS game developer. Then new Cossacks style RTS game would be more interesting, it will be more promising and profitable for GSC.

They started with this style game, that was their lucky shot and that could be their next lucky case when they get back as good RTS game developer.

Message edited by Nowy - Saturday, 14/February/2015, 9:01 PM

MarshalDate: Sunday, 15/February/2015, 1:50 AM | Message # 17
Count
Actually, I lost the article, but Microsoft is working on an other RTS game right now.  Most likely based off of Age of Empires or Rise of Nations of which I have both.  But after their last release of Civilization, I can only say that GSC is gonna have competition with this next RTS game Microsoft is working on, and so GSC needs to deliver an excellent game.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Sunday, 15/February/2015, 1:00 PM | Message # 18
Marquis
Even Microsoft or another company works under new RTS game there is a place for GSC World Game too.
Cossacks were better wargames than Age of Empires or Rise of Nations without a doubt. So, Ukrainians developed interesting RTS games and they could successfully develop new RTS game now. Their main problems are money, good game concept and publisher.

When they will try recover their old Stalker game, they will meet more problems. More competitors, many similar games on market, some controversial cases with other companies which try base on Stalker concept, etc.

GSC World Game in RTS game development has more strong, than weak points, more opportunities than threats.
So, it is much better work under new Cossacks 3 game.

They can easier make a hit there and gain money for their next projects.

Message edited by Nowy - Sunday, 15/February/2015, 1:06 PM

MarshalDate: Sunday, 15/February/2015, 10:15 PM | Message # 19
Count
I don't mean to argue, especially with you, but in my opinion Rise of Nations is better than the original Cossacks games.  CII might be better than RoN, but it has performance issues because it didn't better utilize computer resources.  Our opinions may differ, but RTS games are not as popular as they use to be either so GSC is going to weigh their options carefully.

Age of Empires, I don't know how Cossacks I could be better, AoE has always been more popular because it's so fun.  In terms of realism, Cossacks is far better, even AC is better.

NowyDate: Monday, 16/February/2015, 10:47 AM | Message # 20
Marquis
Everybody can got his own opinion. You got yours, I got mine. Accoding to these mentioned games our opinions differ.
However I think that I am right.

I said that Cossacks games were better warfare games than AoE and RoN withou a doubt. These mean better in terms of battle tactics, warfare realism and few more elements. However I do not want to compare these games here.

AoE and Cossacks were similarly popular. For instance:
AoE and C I has c.a. 3 million copies sold, AoE III and C II NW 2,5 million copies sold.

So, these was quite nice sale volume and fine profits. However Microsoft probably invested more, than small Ukrainian Company.
In such conditions Cossacks games were realy great success. They could continue these series games and sale next million copies.

Message edited by Nowy - Monday, 16/February/2015, 10:53 AM

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3
Search: