[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Its possible to win with Algeria?
Its possible to win with Algeria?
willDate: Friday, 23/April/2010, 3:06 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Yesterday i was playing a multiplayer game with Algeria between England. We were playing about 5 hours fighting and fighting and nobody won. The units of algeria i think are really the worst of game, when the other player becomes to 18th century. I was trying to continue the game but i dont know what to do to win this game. My opponent has got 5 barracks of 18th cent and 3 barracks of 17th cent and 6 stables. Its really hard to win. Anybody can explain me what kind of units must i produce to win this game? Or what strategy use?

Message edited by will - Friday, 23/April/2010, 3:06 PM

Johny_JKDate: Friday, 23/April/2010, 4:06 PM | Message # 2
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Main idea of playing with Algeria is not to allow your opponent to reach the 18th century because, imho, if he does then your chances of winning are slim at best. Just because he get the Montgolfier and you don't, not to mention all 18th century units. If you play with Algeria against any nation which can get to 18th century, you must rush them. That is - attack first as early as possible using masses (and I mean huge masses) with Algerian archers backed by Mamelukes or some merch cavalry (pikes - depending on what your enemy does). Algerian archers are weak against majority of units but cheap and fast to create, plus very good against buildings. So while you burn down Stables and Barracks and most importantly - Diplomatic Centre of your enemy using Archers, your cavalry have to capture as many buildings and units as possible. If enemy sends pikes against your troops - Archers can take care of them, provided you use them in large numbers. If he comes with his cavalry - Ottoman pikes of your should be able to handle them. But beware of Multis - they can become your worst nightmare if the enemy has managed to build several of those as Archers will be mown down in seconds by those Multi Barreled Cannons.

If you happen to play on islands, I guess, you must be quick to produce Xebecs before your opponent has Battleships as Xebec is superior to European Frigate of 17th century.

But of course, all of this is just my strategy which has worked for me against some players of my own level or AI. But as you mentioned that you both have played for 5 hours, this leads me to think that you both are of similar level. So my bet is that Archer rushing should work on him/her.

Message edited by Johny_JK - Friday, 23/April/2010, 4:10 PM

CichorDate: Monday, 26/April/2010, 3:53 PM | Message # 3
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (will)
Anybody can explain me what kind of units must i produce to win this game? Or what strategy use?

Answer is simple - it is time to start using 17c HH Mod ;]

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

pedroferrrDate: Saturday, 07/May/2011, 6:54 PM | Message # 4
Esquire
Group: Users
Tried today playing with it, extremely easy with almost none PT.. Gonna try more PT next time ; )

DaddioDate: Thursday, 12/May/2011, 0:44 AM | Message # 5
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I always considered Algeria to be a superpower in Cossacks.

Massed Marmadukes who shoot and move would take large donuts out of 18th cent muskets.

Never understood why archers had more range then muskets.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

CybercossackDate: Thursday, 30/June/2011, 0:29 AM | Message # 6
Esquire
because bows fire further and faster than muskets

JMDate: Friday, 02/March/2012, 3:28 PM | Message # 7
Baron
because bows fire further and faster than muskets

Amazing, but true. Where a smoothbore musket has the advantage is that the user can keep on firing long after the bowman has become exhausted. A trained bowman is better than a bad musketeer, but trained bowmen take a lot of effort to get and keep that way. (One of the officers in the British Army in World War One once complained that his soldiers shot so badly with their Lee-Enfield rifles, he'd rather have Agincourt bowmen.)

Massed Marmadukes LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmaduke

If I had the programming skills I would put that in a mod. UNIT: MARMADUKE - RAPID-MOVING WAR DOG, KILLS BY LICKING TO DEATH. Cost: 500 food, upkeep 50 food, academy upgrade 100 WOOD = BUILD LARGER DOGHOUSE.

If you want to level the playing field as Algeria, you have to capture a few of the enemy's peasants (bad luck if you are playing against Ukraine or with peasant captures turned off) and use them to obtain enemy technology. Just one is enough - use the enemy peasant to start building the enemy buildings, and then your peasants can supply the numbers to get them finished. I can't remember if the Algerians have the Bedouin (camel-mounted Arab dragoon), but if they do, that would help level the playing field a bit as well. At least the Algerians have gun towers, and they have the Xebec, which is a bit like a fast battle-cruiser - if the enemy has his base near a lake or the sea then build a shipyard, construct xebecs, and use them to blow his buildings up and to help stop his armies. Likewise, if you as Algeria can build a base near water, you can use Xebecs and gun towers to protect it from enemy soldiers.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Its possible to win with Algeria?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: