[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » player is looking at the menu.
player is looking at the menu.
hookah604Date: Monday, 03/May/2010, 1:39 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I get this about 80% of the games and it always end up with DEFEAT!!! PRESS ESC TO DISCONNECT.
any suggestion?

DaddioDate: Monday, 03/May/2010, 3:50 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
What it means is that you have lost connection with ether the other player, or the server.

Since it you who are getting the defeat message then most likely the problem is with your PC or connection.

I would investigate your provider.

If you are using a dial up modem, then this is likely the culprit.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

hookah604Date: Monday, 03/May/2010, 10:37 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
I am using adsl with modem+router and xp.
"I would investigate your provider."
what do you mean under this?
Also is there any port which would help if I forward it?

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 03/May/2010, 2:57 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
As Daddio said, the issue could be with the package you have been provided by your ISP. It's not because you have an adsl connection that it is a fast connection. Sometimes the "upload" speed is much lower then the advertised " download " speed. For playing games, both need to be good, as you are both sending and receiving packages of data to/from the other players in game.

Further, the issue you mentionned sometimes happens indeed when you are playing with people who have a bad or instable connection themselfs. IT is not always an issue on your end.

There are many things that could cause instability on a connection. Once a connection become's unstable then you can indeed receive the "pause" screen and when the connection does not re-establishes itself in a short time span, the game come's to an end.

To avoid this problem, you should try to play with people who do have a stable connection. In general, you can see information about this beeing displayed at the bottom of the game room near the players name. Beside the rank it will display you the ping and if there is a bad connection it will tell you "no direct connection established".

A bit more information about "ping" can be found here:
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-73

Hope that somewhat explains your problem.

Regards

E.A.

hookah604Date: Monday, 03/May/2010, 4:24 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
seems like forwarding the ports solved it.
btw I think I have pretty stable connection.... (around 30 ping in EU and 128k upload speed)

willDate: Monday, 03/May/2010, 5:54 PM | Message # 6
Knight
My experience says if you play with a high ping player, the connection will broke earlier (most of times, ppl who is in different continents).
If you play with a wireless connection, maybe you will have problems too.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » player is looking at the menu.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: