• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » cannons range
cannons range
winstonDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 5:04 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi! I had the unfathonably sad opportunity to play a cossacks: back to war with a guy (i won't say his nickname) which had an enormous range for his cannons (that is twice as it would normaly be...Is he a cheater or is it a bug or what?

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 5:10 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Could be due to the upgrades in the academy which give cannons a bigger shooting range, or it could be because his cannons were on a hill.

It's hard to judge for me what you mean with 'enormous range'?

Can you show a screenshot off the positions or a record file or smth or give a more detailed situation?

winstonDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 7:39 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
I have 170+ recorded games, but i will try and find it...if you coult tell me how does the game name the records maybe i will find it quicker.
Here is the situation:
I was playng with red in the upper left corner.
The dude with wich we were playing (2 vs 2), and had the super cannons was in the lower left corner.
i made 40 cannons he made 35.
My army was at the entry o my base at the middle of my territory and his cannons were a little lower than the border line which separated our territories, so his cannons were able to shot from almost half a map (normal) distance.
I also made all my upgrades at the university as well...is there a special order in wich that should be done?
THX for the time....and I'll try and fint that darn' record
wink

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 7:41 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
It gives them some random number RNO XXX, RN1 XXX,.... ,hard to tell, easiest way is, IF you remember aproximately when you played the game, to go to the directory where cossacks is installed and look at the date off the record, write down the first 5-6 numbers off records that you think it might be and then check to see which one it is exactly.

winstonDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 8:03 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
I've found it...now how do i give it to you?
smile

winstonDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 8:07 PM | Message # 6
Noblemen
here you go
Attachments: RN0_29B4_23020_.rec (377.4 Kb)

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 8:32 PM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Just had a look at it.

Looks clean to me.

Its a small map and cannons can shoot that far, just not with grapeshot. You need to use the 'attack ground' button, the range is quite far that way.

See picture below, you need to click on (1) untill you see (2) and then right click on the ground ( between the troops) where you want to attack.

Also, look on the minimap, i'v have selected one off his cannons, look where the X is located, its right in your troops where he is shooting, thats where he put his attack ground attack icon(2).

Don't select your cannons and rightclick on the enemy because they will move closer and use grapeshot, by the time they get close enough at the enemy they are captured.

Try this out in the editor, you will see.

Btw, if there is water on the map, and fishboats are allowed, use the scatter out selection, by selecting your army AND the fishboats by drawing a box over the map , then move your troops out, they will scatter out and be less vulnerable to these artillery attacks, BUT beware off charges against you.

winstonDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 9:10 PM | Message # 8
Noblemen
I see...attack ground!
Thanks a lot!

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » cannons range
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: