[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Multiplayer game speed problem (speed settings do not apply)
Multiplayer game speed problem (speed settings do not apply)
TheDrinkerDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 10:59 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello to everybody...

I have written to CDV support but haven't got a reply in months so I'm asking you guys for help ...

I reinstalled Cossacks BTW and played some multiplayer games over the internet and over LAN. The problem is that the game is running WAY TO FAST and I cannot slow it down no mather what I try. It's so fast to the point it is barely playable. I have tried several multiplayer games with my friends over 6 different computers, several rooters and configurations and it is always the same - although we all put the speed slider to minimum and set game speed to SLOW, the game still runs extremely fast compared to a single player game (the problem is not present there) - the speed settings make no difference.

We are running the game on windows 7 and on multi-core PCs. We also tried a multiplayer game between windows XP (with single-core PC) and win7 but the problem persisted.

I also searched a lot on the internet but couldn't find many people talking about this problem, which I find really strange.

Any help would be really appreciated as I think it would be a shame that such a great game could not be played anymore because of such a "simple" problem. Should I try to run on a virtual machine with XP installed (but then there is a problem with Direct3D and connection)? Should I try the applications that slow down the CPU?

Thank you very much,

Tom

Added (07/November/2011, 10:59 Am)
---------------------------------------------
oh yes ... and we have been playing over LAN as well over GameRanger.

rissardoDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 11:06 PM | Message # 2
Esquire
Once I tried to make a small program to allow to regulate the speed of Cossacs when playing in LAN. In general it works for me, but sometimes slowdown a appears:

cossclock

laganDate: Thursday, 12/July/2012, 10:23 AM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Quote (rissardo)
Once I tried to make a small program to allow to regulate the speed of Cossacs when playing in LAN. In general it works for me, but sometimes slowdown a appears:

cossclock

The link is broken, can you upload it again and post us the new link? It whould make you my personal hero for the rest of the year smile

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 14/July/2012, 10:06 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

I dont know if this is the same as the above 'cosclock" but i just found this in the file manager on the site ( Not sure if its available in the download section)

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/Downloads/CPUSpeedKiller3.rar

Give it a try, you never know it works....

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Multiplayer game speed problem (speed settings do not apply)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: