[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Formations in C1 (How they are controlled within the program.)
Formations in C1
JMDate: Tuesday, 28/February/2012, 3:57 PM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I have noted when fighting with my men in formations, that when the formation has taken a lot of casualties it will sometimes break up into individual men again. What I'm not sure about is what triggers this.

Is it when the officer and drummer are both killed? Sometimes it seems this is the case, but not always.

Or is it when the strength falls below a certain level with no officer and drummer? Or something else?

How does this change (if at all) for the various mods? I know the OC mod gives huge attack and defence bonuses for formations, so if there's a definite way to break them up and revert them to melee, that's a big advantage.

And speaking of mods - I know this is really a modding question but I'm not sure it deserves a separate thread - if I want to change these bonuses, in which files do I make the changes?

CichorDate: Wednesday, 29/February/2012, 10:43 AM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (JM)
What I'm not sure about is what triggers this.

I'll ask few friends.

Quote (JM)
And speaking of mods - I know this is really a modding question but I'm not sure it deserves a separate thread - if I want to change these bonuses, in which files do I make the changes?

In ORDERS.LST

#SQUARE36 SYM4 9 2 9 3
C C

If I good remember that "2" and "3" are bonuses to attack and defence.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

JMDate: Wednesday, 29/February/2012, 12:21 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Thanks. I shall try editing and see what happens.

I wonder what the other numbers mean.

CichorDate: Thursday, 01/March/2012, 12:16 PM | Message # 4
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Cichor)
Quote (JM)
What I'm not sure about is what triggers this.

I'll ask few friends.

Answers:
1) Lack of gold.
2) Too many causalities.
3) Formation break up after some time after officer death.
4) Formation break up after some time after drummer/flagbearer death.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

JMDate: Thursday, 01/March/2012, 3:39 PM | Message # 5
Baron
"too many causalities"

I think you mean casualties, but LOL - yeah, causalities (= fancy medical word for causes) has some merit too (Dragoons, ships of the line, artillery, towers, etc. etc. all cause casualties!!)

Playing last night, the formation seemed to break up once somewhere between 50% and 75% of the soldiers were dead but the officer and drummer were still alive. What I might do tonight is hotkey the drummer and officer separately, make a formation, then delete them and see how long it takes. I suppose that reflects reality to a degree - the soldiers go on in the heat of the moment as they were, but once they need new orders and they look around to find their leaders gone, it all starts to go badly.

ab_99Date: Saturday, 10/March/2012, 11:11 PM | Message # 6
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Quote (JM)
Or is it when the strength falls below a certain level with no officer and drummer? Or something else?
Playing last night, the formation seemed to break up once somewhere between 50% and 75% of the soldiers were dead but the officer and drummer were still alive.

depends on the factors set forth in MORALE.DAT
Press "U" and observe the changes

Message edited by ab_99 - Saturday, 10/March/2012, 11:55 PM

JMDate: Monday, 12/March/2012, 8:01 AM | Message # 7
Baron
Oh, then you can see them within game? Must try that out, and also will examine MORALE.DAT when I get a moment. Thank you for that.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Formations in C1 (How they are controlled within the program.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: