[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Capturing enemy peasants/town halls (What to do once you've got your hands on them.)
Capturing enemy peasants/town halls
JMDate: Sunday, 04/March/2012, 8:13 PM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
This is something I found out today while playing against the AI. If you capture an enemy peasant, or capture an enemy town hall and it produces a peasant (as it always does when it starts to burn), IMMEDIATELY click on the peasant and command it to build a town hall in YOUR home base AT ONCE, before you do ANYTHING else. The shell of the building will appear and he will start to march towards it; but even if he doesn't get there, your own peasants can take over and finish the job.

This shows the benefits of an early raid. You might have to be prepared to lose all the raiders, in order to cover the peasant until it's done its job starting the Town Hall, but you then get all the enemy resources and technology. This may not matter much if you're one of the Western European nations, but it is vital if you are Ukraine, Turkey or Algeria and need the tech (towers, multibarrelled cannons, pikemen etc.) to equalise, or if you are Russia and want to breed more efficient peasants that build stuff faster.

CichorDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 0:39 AM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I afraid it is useless tactics in game against human at 0pt. First target in 0pt's raids is to completly stop or decrease level of enemy's economy to gain advantage. Chance to build town hall is at second or third place. It is really important when you play long pt (20 or 30, few plays games with longer pt) when your economy (like your oponent) is stable but your fast increasing army need more ... space? Place? You receiving it by building houses, barracks or THs. Then capture peasants is like blessing.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

JMDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 2:04 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Thanks for your input. I was playing 0pt against the AI, so it's good to hear a perspective from someone who plays against human players.

I was mostly trying to show that if you are capturing peasants, it doesn't matter if you can't get them out of the enemy base alive; you can still get all the benefits.

CichorDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 2:31 PM | Message # 4
Earl
On which version you play?

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

JMDate: Friday, 09/March/2012, 2:15 PM | Message # 5
Baron
Back to War (from Cossacks Anthology disc).

kirjasbeltranDate: Tuesday, 17/March/2015, 6:37 PM | Message # 6
Viscount
Does it enable the player to like take control of the other faction if you capture its town hall or peasant and be able to build its structures creating a super army? You know almost like in starcraft, playing as the protoss, using a dark archon's mind control ability to take control of a terran scv and zerg drone enabling the player to form a terran/protoss/zerg army or in c and c red alert 2/yuri, playing as one faction(ie the allies) then using engineers to capture the other factions' construction yard(soviet/yuri if playing as allies or vice versa), cc generals, playing as gla then use jarmen kell's snipe ability to disable a US and china dozer to take control of it and build that faction's buildings?

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 18/March/2015, 0:54 AM | Message # 7
Marquis
Yes it does. Once you capture an opponents peasant you can build any building in the opponents build tree.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

kirjasbeltranDate: Friday, 08/May/2015, 6:06 PM | Message # 8
Viscount
Yes it does. Once you capture an opponents peasant you can build any building in the opponents build tree.

Okay. Though its only a shame that there are more factions than the allowable  number of players. One of my favorite parts in rts games is taking control of all the factions to form a super army

Added (20/March/2015, 3:44 PM)
---------------------------------------------
is it also possible to capture enemy peasants/town halls in cossacks 2?

Added (08/May/2015, 6:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
capturing structures in cossacks 1 and american conquest is mainly a replacement for destroying buildings which is only possible with artillery and archers..

Message edited by kirjasbeltran - Wednesday, 18/March/2015, 2:26 PM

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Capturing enemy peasants/town halls (What to do once you've got your hands on them.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: