[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Galleys in BTW (Selecting modes of fire)
Galleys in BTW
JMDate: Wednesday, 14/March/2012, 0:17 AM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
How do I ensure that Galleys fire in the correct way upon enemy ships? Too many times, I give the engage order and they use their mortars when the forward gun is in range. This is fine for harassing fire against an easy AI, but it's frustrating when the AI grows a pair of gonads and comes in for the kill. What to do?

ab_99Date: Friday, 16/March/2012, 10:17 AM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Quote (JM)
How do I ensure that Galleys fire in the correct way upon enemy ships? Too many times, I give the engage order and they use their mortars when the forward gun is in range. This is fine for harassing fire against an easy AI, but it's frustrating when the AI grows a pair of gonads and comes in for the kill. What to do?

try adding the command ATTMASK 1 3 STONE BUILDING STENA
mortar will not shoot at ships

JMDate: Monday, 19/March/2012, 7:13 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Anything I can do in-game, apart from closing in to almost zero range? (I have to admit, I've underestimated galleys - they're not much good for sea combat when large numbers of frigates or battleships are about, but given the huge cost in iron and coal for the ketch, they're a useful littoral bombardment tool and they can be built fairly early. As for the ketch, the range and destructive power on that thing is awesome but the reload time is shocking.)

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Galleys in BTW (Selecting modes of fire)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: