[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Cant run Cossacks BtW propperly !
Cant run Cossacks BtW propperly !
GigantQDate: Friday, 28/December/2012, 8:01 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi all,

I have a problem i cant fix - i did all the stuff with explorer.exe in processes and got rid of Color problem but Now i still have a problem the game Lags i drag the mouse and it runs so slow like my computer would be made of wood, i have like 3 sec delays, cant properly select units and do stuff. Anyone had this problem before ?

Sorry for the grammar and my English smile
Thanks in advance !

I also noticed another problem if i try playing - i start building and playing and every 2 - 3 order i give to workers - the game selects them all immediately and sends to do the task. all of my workers go there not only those who are not working --- everyone ! biggrin

Has this happened to anyone ?

Message edited by GigantQ - Friday, 28/December/2012, 8:22 PM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 7:19 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Not sure, but this sounds like your mouse drivers are out of date.

Do check to update your drivers, see if that helps ( trough Microsofts update or specifically going to your mouse hardware manufacturers website).

BredFishDate: Wednesday, 16/January/2013, 1:41 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
same problem over here and i dont know why. everything is updated and so on but it still lags when i drag my mouse toosasasassa

deli_huseyinDate: Tuesday, 29/January/2013, 0:53 AM | Message # 4
Baron
pls check the in game menu and speed options if its slow speed make it fast and second bar about game speed move it to the right to the end..just and idea

NyilanDate: Monday, 25/March/2013, 5:47 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
I had the same problem. I noticed that 'mouse laggging' happens only when I'm playing on GameSpy server. I tried to find an other dcmr.exe file on the internet. It helped me. Caused an other issue, tough. (it was more annoying. scrolling with arrows became supersonic speed)
I hoped I could help

FtoomshDate: Saturday, 13/April/2013, 10:05 PM | Message # 6
Count
Group: Modders
I am sorry I did not see this thread earlier. I have had great success in getting Cossacks I and its Mods running on a modern PC with Window 7. Here is how I did it.

1. I set Cossacks up in Windows 7 to run in compatibilitymode for XP.

2. I use a batch file to terminate the Explorer Process and to start dmcr.exe. This solves the "neon pixels" colour problem. When you exit Cossacks, the Explorer process is restarted. The batch file can be created in notepad and has just 3 lines as below.
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
dmcr.exe
start explorer.exe

When you create it, create it as dmcr.txt filename. When it is correct save it, change the file ending to .bat and place it in the same folder
as dmcr.exe.
Put an icon for the .bat file on your yesktop.

3. I avoid using a modern laser mouse and stick with older optical or ball mouses for Cossacks. It's easy enough to find and keep some old style mouses. Many people have a few spare in the bottom draw of their computer desk. Modern laser mouses create an input conflict. No doubt there is a software solution to this but I find it easier to just use an older compatible mouse.

I hope this helps.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Cant run Cossacks BtW propperly !
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: