Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Steam BtW causes Synch Error
Steam BtW causes Synch Error
AswarasculiDate: Sunday, 03/March/2013, 6:29 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi
this topic for reference for other users. Steam Version of BtW has bugfixes (does not crash with high resolution/big armies) but often causes Synch Error if playing with non Steamers.
Its not me because on Steam user forums [GEV]Warren describes the same problem. I never get Synch if playing with normal 1.35 Version.

So I put dmcr.exe(steam)+bugtrap.dll+cemu.dll (the dlls are necessary for the steam dmcr to start)+"Tracks" folder (new from Steam folder for soundtrack. Without this folder you dont get any sound) in a normal BtW 1.35 folder. That does not crash with big armies but causes Synch as described above. Therefore i patched the steam dmcr (actually the cemu.dll) to start without steam because its annoying and to eliminate a possible error cause.

It starts vice versa (dmcr.exe 1.35 (no cd) + Steam cossacks folder) and you get no Synch but therefore you dont get the bugfixes so it crashes (at big armies) like a normal 1.35 would.

So I think the problem lies within the new dmcr and dlls and I dont see a way to fix this issue.

Atsa7085Date: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 7:13 AM | Message # 2
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I dont know anything about that game, but probably the thing to do would download the DMCR.EXE that everyone else uses, that should fix the problem.  I dont play the game so I dont have the DMCR.EXE for it, but I am sure you could find someone that would upload it for you.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Steam BtW causes Synch Error
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: