Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Mouse Lag - Cossacks Back to War
Mouse Lag - Cossacks Back to War
FlaskekorkDate: Tuesday, 25/June/2013, 1:27 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
So I have an ASUS G53SX with the following specs:
http://icecat.biz/p/asus/g53sx-s1178v/g53-notebooks-088...

I tried to play Cossacks, I got the rainbow-LSD-colors issue fixed, but there is another issue. When i move my mouse( a X7 mouse, of this type: http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/beatbird/pbp1-...) The game FPS drops dead. When I do nothing the game works well. It also occurs in the Menu. Sound is unaffected.

Tried another mouse, still lagged.

I unplugged my mouse, and used the touchpad, that seemed to work. No lag occurred.
Yet... I don't wanna use the touchpad, cause, it sucks for gaming.
The mouse can be speed-optimized and after some research there is a suggestion that this might affect the game? 

'till now this hasn't happened in any other game. I've searched many forums already, but the ones i read didn't match my problem/ there was no answer.

Help would be much appreciated! 

Message edited by Flaskekork - Tuesday, 25/June/2013, 1:28 PM

FtoomshDate: Saturday, 29/June/2013, 4:19 AM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
I have found that Cossacks appears to be mouse sensitive and operating system sensitive.

With respect to the mouse issue, input conflicts appear to occur when using the latest laser mouses but not older optical or ball mouses. I solve the problem by still using an optical mouse. No doubt, if you want to continue using the laser mouse you can google solutions on the internet.

On Windows 7, I use a batch file to close down the explorer process and then start Cossacks 1. This solves the "neon colours" issue you will get otherwise.

But back to the mouse issue. To be honest, I don't think you need a laser mouse for online Cossacks play. An optical mouse is plenty good enough. Laser mouses may be more necessary for the latest super-duper high resolution FPS games but I don't think a legacy game like Cossacks needs a high performance laser mouse.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Mouse Lag - Cossacks Back to War
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: