[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor 
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Need An Effective Strategy Against My Friend
Need An Effective Strategy Against My Friend
hydroxyDate: Wednesday, 29/October/2014, 6:46 PM | Message # 11
Knight
Group: Checked
Messages: 21
Awards: 0
Reputation: 0
Status: Offline
OK, will do.

Added (29/October/2014, 6:46 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Finally, beat my friend after we finally got the chance to play again.

The game was 7 hours in total. 7 hours. Here is how it went.

It was a land map with some water in two of the corners, everything else was entirely land. I was in a water-less corner while he started by a water-filled corner.
He used this to his advantage and quickly built 2 Victorias to defend his city.
The battle raged for hours in the middle of the map with our armies occassionally reaching each others cities but causing minimal damage due to respawning reinforcements neutralising the invading army.
He had be almost defeated at one point and I pulled about 50 peasants back to my corner. My battalion of about 100 18th century Saxony musketeers took out a much larger army of his hussars and dragoons.
I eventually pushed the battle back to the middle of the map and focussed on increasing my population capacity. With 2 civilizations, Poland and Saxony, I reached a population limit of about 5000.
I built up a huge army of hussars, musketeers, grenadiers, dragoons, cannons and mortars and pushed the battle to his doorstep.
The Victorias pummelled any of my army who ventured too close to his city, so I amassed my entire army around his base, slightly out of his ships' range.
I figured I could build my own Shipyard on his small water-filled corner. After many attempts at this I gave up, as his Victorias always reached me in time.
I started another strategy, I sent huge numbers of hussars and musketeers into his city, their aim was to capture every single one of his peasants and thus leave him with no workers to help him out when he needed them.
My armies were mowed down quickly by enemy muskets and of course the Victorias, they destroyed about 75% in each raid, the remaining 25% held the ground while I took out any peasant or town centre I could find, eventually the invaders were destsroyed but they did huge damage every time.
After about 5 raids he had only a handful of peasants left and his economy tanked. He had a mutany and his Victorias were neutralised. I sent my entire army into his city and captured everything. Game over.







Message edited by hydroxy - Wednesday, 29/October/2014, 6:49 PM
 
DaddioDate: Thursday, 30/October/2014, 10:48 PM | Message # 12
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Messages: 432
Awards: 4
Reputation: 3
Status: Offline
Congratulations! Looks like an epic battle.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg
 
hydroxyDate: Thursday, 30/October/2014, 11:28 PM | Message # 13
Knight
Group: Checked
Messages: 21
Awards: 0
Reputation: 0
Status: Offline
Yes our biggest battle yet for certain.

About 50k units on each side were lost.

We've agreed tho that a 2x map is too big for just 2 players, just going to play 1x from now on.
 
james7741Date: Saturday, 27/December/2014, 11:10 PM | Message # 14
Noblemen
Group: Users
Messages: 5
Awards: 0
Reputation: 0
Status: Offline
Study the strongest units. The danish 18 century musketeer is the best shooter on foot for example. Every nation has his weak and strong points. But my opinion is get as fast to the 18 century because these units are much stronger and powerfull than 17 century units. Build many barracks and stables, and set units building on infinity and sent them to the front or places where the attack is. Use diplomatic center grenediers or dragoons to sent them to the front. Mostly in single player you can withstand and attack with mercenarys, but use infinity if you have many resources. Build walls to protect your economy and use the upgrades for buildings and walls.

Message edited by james7741 - Saturday, 27/December/2014, 11:13 PM
 
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Need An Effective Strategy Against My Friend
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: