• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » C1 BTW Password Issues
C1 BTW Password Issues
FtoomshDate: Sunday, 21/June/2015, 8:49 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Okay, I lost all my C1 files and my old C1 disk is broken. I got a used C1 BTW disk off a friend. It has the serial number. He can't remember his old password.

I have loaded this C1 BTW on my PC. I tried to go into GSC server but it doesn't like my email on his copy and I don't know his password. I can't reset this copy to belong to me.

What can I do? Any suggestions?

Would it work if I knew his email address and asked the GSC server to send a new password to his email. Then he could forward that email to me, I would log into GSC with his email and password and then change email in GSC logon to mine and tell it to set a new password. Would this work?

Background: Since C3 is coming and since my last computer died and my backup thumbdrive is lost, I thought I would get this copy off my mate which he has not used for ages and practice some old C1 BTW 1.35. Next step will be to get on GSC server if I can find out how.

Wow, it feels funny to be trying C1 vs the AI after so many years of playing OC Mod. smile

Build orders, techniques, tactics and strategies are so different!

Maybe when I get onto GSC (eventually) I can find a few OC or Daddio and have some good old PT games, No Dip Units in BTW + Mod 1 Baddog. It would be a way to start getting into the swing of C1 again since the developers say C3 will be 95% like C1 in playing style.

DaddioDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 0:04 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Not sure what we could do.

But as I said I have your old game on my PC.

If I remember correctly I also had your sign in that was still in there.

Perhaps I could send you mine if that would help.

Steam is also always an option.

But sure I would like to try some old fashioned C1 games also.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

MarshalDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 3:07 AM | Message # 3
Count
Group: Users
I think if you delete the settings files in the game folder it should do away with the need for passwords and such.  It did for me but it was with CII.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

FtoomshDate: Tuesday, 23/June/2015, 12:38 PM | Message # 4
Count
Quote Daddio ()
But as I said I have your old game on my PC.If I remember correctly I also had your sign in that was still in there.

Perhaps I could send you mine if that would help.

Steam is also always an option.

Yes, thanks m8, do you want to email me the files as attachment? Or is there some other way to get them back to me please?

I think that will be the best bet. smile

Thanks m8.

Added (23/June/2015, 12:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Daddio, Latest update on my C1 and OC Mod issues. Things are looking better. I found the OC Mod Balanced version that I put up on the Onedrive. I am pretty sure it will be the version you have. But don't download the mod files I have left there (not that you would) as they will probably be the wrong ones now, being out of synch.

I have re-installed this version of OC Mod Balanced and it works including going into GSC so it gives me a couple of options. One option is to take my logon from this game and put it in my Cossacks BTW 1.35. Then I will be able to log on to Shell with 1.35 or with OC Mod Balanced.

How did you do that with your OC Mod Balanced? Which files do I have to copy and paste to switch logons?

And leading question, which version of C1 do you want to try games in again if we get around to it?

(a) C1 BTW 1.35
(b) C1 BTW plus Mod1(Baddog)
© OC Mod Balanced.

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 24/June/2015, 9:21 PM | Message # 5
Marquis
If I understand your question? - When I signed on to the GSC shell to play I simply started another login and entered my own information and game box key.

Yours is still there but I simply disregarded it.

Well I have 1.35, and mod1 installed.

So we could start there.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

FtoomshDate: Thursday, 25/June/2015, 4:24 AM | Message # 6
Count
I still have a problem. I have this disk from my mate. I enter his game box key and it doesn't like my new name and password. I don't know if he remembers his name and password. I will have to find out. I wonder if his name and password are tied to his email address too?

I dont have my own game box key anymore. I lost it. My OC Mod runs because it has the default password etc. in it. I can never change it but it runs.

I have another copy of BTW too which came from Replay. It has no game box key on it that I can find. Would it have it in a file on the disk?

If I am still stuck I might have to buy a Steam C1 copy. I assume it will give me an ID?

Hmmm, a thought just occurred to me. I might be able to make another copy of my OC Mod, then edit out the OC Mod files which should turn it back into BTW 1.35 + Mod1 Baddog. Hmmm, that might just work.

Added (25/June/2015, 4:24 AM)
LATEST UPDATE.

Okay, I have cobbled together an installation of BTW 1.35 + Mod 1 (Baddog) which also has my legitimate server password on it so I can get into the server with this version.

The only problem I have is that is still has Scotland in the nation selection list for some strange reason. This only means that I cannot select Random nation which appears below Scotland. I can select all other nations OK but Scotland (obviously) and Random nation cause the came to crash.

Now this is probably a question for EbelAngel. Where did Davout amend the file that affects the nation selection list? Do you know what file that is? If I can find it I can copy the right version over it and correct the problem.

Finally, a question for Daddio. Can you host games on the old server? I may be able to join games but not host games because I am on an ADSL router. Now, I can fix this problem and host if absolutely necessary but it would be little bit of a hassle for me. I would have to set up my PC with a static IP not a dynamic IP. The easier road would be if you can host Daddio. smile

DaddioDate: Thursday, 25/June/2015, 10:24 PM | Message # 7
Marquis
Yes I can host.

I am thinking out loud hear but I believe there is a file that contains your ID information.

It may be as simple as copying your ID file from the oc mod game to the 1.35 game?

Regardless, I will be open to trying ether way.

FtoomshDate: Saturday, 27/June/2015, 2:53 AM | Message # 8
Count
Quote Daddio ()
I am thinking out loud hear but I believe there is a file that contains your ID information.

Yes, I am thinking the same thing but do you think I can find it? Answer to that rhetorical question is "no" and I have spent hours on this. I wonder if EbelAngel or someone knows which file it is?

I have cobbled together various attempts but the best I have is the BTW 1.35 + Mod1(Baddog) which has the random nations bug. I can't play random nations with it but I can play all normal nations and get into GSC with it. So that is good enough really. Of course I have full OC Mod Balanced in the version I gave you all that time ago. That is a good version actually except Spain's 17th muskets might be a touch fast in production.

When do we meet for a game? We will have to get back on Skype contact too.

You will have to remind me of the rules for a Mod1 game. Is it no reverse trading and no diplo units? And we will need some PT I guess at least until we knock the rust off our game.

Added (26/June/2015, 0:45 AM)
I tried to answer your call but something went wrong. Maybe I hit the wrong button. I haven't used Skype for ages.

I was playing a Mod 1 game and to play it I close Explorer. I had trouble getting back to a normal screen quickly and then I think I hit the wrong button to answer.

Added (26/June/2015, 10:18 AM)
Those were interesting trials we had with GSC. I think my Windows Firewall is causing the problems. I used to have no trouble with Nortons once it was set up but this is a new PC with no Nortons so I run Windows Firewall.

Not sure what I will try next. I do have a list of ports I need to check to see if they are all open when I play.

The other option might be GameRanger which I am yet to install. From what I read on the net, GameRanger works better for old games like Cossacks running with new Operating Systems.

Added (27/June/2015, 2:53 AM)
Nope, nothing worked did it? Well, I am out of ideas.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » C1 BTW Password Issues
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: