Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Game Spy
Game Spy
[BiH]AmArDate: Tuesday, 17/November/2009, 11:18 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hello.

In the gamespy's review of Cossacks Back To War there are some thing i haven't personally met and they say exist and i don't know where to find them.I will quote their section:

''On the other hand, the game also includes a modification that, according to the instruction manual, was put together by two of the members of the development team. Mod 1.35 includes all sorts of great new units (including a badly needed coastal defense cannon) and gameplay tweaks that fill in the holes in military strength left in the original game. I can't understand why they weren't included in the actual expansion rather than being hidden in a file on the CD -- or released as a patch.

Back to War also offers two new Internet multiplayer options. VIZOR is a system that allows you to view games in progress without actually participating. The Automated Championship System allows the best 100 players as rated by the Cossacks Internet Rating System (introduced in the previous expansion: The Art of War) to participate in monthly "Best of the Best" tournaments. Unfortunately, most hardcore Cossacks players are in Europe, as are the servers for this feature, meaning lag and real-world time differences will pose a significant handicap for those anywhere else. If you can manage to reach the top 100 or your idea of fun is watching somebody else play a video game, you'll definitely appreciate these new features; otherwise both systems are pretty useless.''

As first they say about this coastal cannons that were badly needed and i don't know what are they (except the portugal's dock and the simple towers).Are there and other coastal cannons except the dock of portugal and tower? ? ?

Second thing is the VIZOR system they talk about and where is it what is it because i haven't met it before...

In the same section they say that the top 100 players play monthly "Best of the Best" tournaments and do they ??? (I am not in top 100 so i ask)

And i am kind of dissapointed from GameSpy because of their low ranking of cossacks back to war 2\5

If anyone wanna read more here is the link : http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/cossacks-back-to-war/5527p1.html

Respect (BiH)AmAr

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 18/November/2009, 12:48 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Well Amar,

If you had a legit version '( a cd-rom) then all of this wouldnt be new to you.

The mod that is being discussed is the 'Baddog' Mod by Shaun Fletcher. It can be found on the disk, or here. If my memory serves me right, then the OC mod and the Imperia mod both build further on this mod.

The other features discussed ( internet options & Vizor) are the GSC server where you can play aswell, but you require a password for that ( orbetter said, the serial code found on your manual, which obviously you don't have) and the vizor system is a system where you can watch played games or games in progress. Also to be found trough the GSC server.

About the latter, dont worry, nobody plays ( virtually no one) there anymore, though it is a secure place. You cant cheat there and you surely can't influence the points/ranks as one can in the gamespy server.

Also, never be influenced by a review of the 'gamespies' of this world. None of them is objective. Why would you let someone else make an opinion for you, you gotta make up your own opinion. Did you know that Cossacks is still top 10 of best sold PC games, way ahead of Age of Empires, so it can't be that bad, right?

I dont know if those tournaments mentionned are still played, but there are some fan tournaments around like the East vs West and the LCN ( League Cossackers Net).

Hope that somewhat helps.

Regards

E.A.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Wednesday, 18/November/2009, 12:52 PM

[BiH]AmArDate: Wednesday, 18/November/2009, 8:16 PM | Message # 3
Knight
Ahh, ok

WENT AROUND TOWN TODAY IN SOME VIDEO GAMES SHOPS TO BUY LEGIT COSSACKS BUT COULDN'T FOUND angry sad
IT MUST BE BECAUSE COSSACKS IS AN OLD GAME

ANYWAY NICE ANSWER THANK YOU

BUT I TRIED TO INSTALL THE BADDOG MOD WHEN DOWNLOADED FROM YOUR SITE AND WHEN I RUN IT IT SAYS:

Cossacks not found in your computer

Please install Cossacks back to war first

I have it in my pc do you have any solution so i can install the baddog mod

Because i need it for btw AND for IMPERIA cry
PLEASE HELP

Respect Amar

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 18/November/2009, 8:55 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
It doesn't recognize your version of Cossacks on installing, because its not a legit version.

Try double clicking on the register file (Cossacks.reg )in the cossacks main folder, it will register it to your c: drive and try installing then, see if it finds your version then.

Regards

E.A.

[BiH]AmArDate: Friday, 20/November/2009, 12:50 PM | Message # 5
Knight
Hi

I don't have that file in my main cossacks folder sad
This non legit version really did me trouble but that's it i think

Thanks for your help anyway

Respect Bossangero Be

CichorDate: Friday, 20/November/2009, 8:02 PM | Message # 6
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Coastal cannons are in 17c HH Mod too. In HH they are much important than another mods or normal game. It is simple to answer why: because in 17c HH you cannot build mortars. If you want quickly destroy enemy tower or ship you should use coastal cannons.

You should try 17c HH too AmAr. smile

AmAr, you wrote that you needed Baddog mod to run Imperia. If you download Imperia installaion pack from official website you have in that pack all what you need to play. Including Baddog Mod ;]

In open zipped pack you will see:

pimp0510f.exe - imperia installation file
engpatch folder - install at last
mods.gs2 - something like patch
ReadMe.txt - n/c
XviD-1.1.0-30122005.exe - codecs to viewing another opening (very interesting :))
!!AND!!
Mod.rar
This file is zipped Baddog Mod. Files in folder you should replace to root directory of Cossacks and overwrite it. After that step you can enjoy the game ;]

Good luck!

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

[BiH]AmArDate: Saturday, 21/November/2009, 10:14 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Hi,

Chicor t hank you very much for your help i got it working
In the end it seems that you can install baddog mod on pirate version of cossacks

Thanks A lot

CichorDate: Sunday, 22/November/2009, 9:03 PM | Message # 8
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
It's only a trick but I suggests you to buy legal version as soon as possible.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

[BiH]AmArDate: Monday, 23/November/2009, 4:05 PM | Message # 9
Knight
Now Cd shops don't sell cossacks here (macedonia) so hard to happened... anyways thankies

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Game Spy
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: