[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » Why is there a tree/sprite limit?
Why is there a tree/sprite limit?
navinkumarpkDate: Thursday, 15/October/2009, 6:25 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hey Ebel, I was wondering, there seems to be a limit to the number of trees/sprites you can place on the game...I made this Europe map and as a result of this stupid tree limit, I cannot put sufficient trees across the map to make it look realistic..Could you advise? I am uploading my game map here...Have a look?

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 15/October/2009, 9:39 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (navinkumarpk)
Hey Ebel, I was wondering, there seems to be a limit to the number of trees/sprites you can place on the game...I made this Europe map and as a result of this stupid tree limit, I cannot put sufficient trees across the map to make it look realistic..Could you advise? I am uploading my game map here...Have a look?

Hi,

As to why there is a sprite limit I cant really answer that, but I know a lot of game's have this.
Sprite limits are hardcoded, and hence the only solution is to put less sprites on your map. Maybe make your forests less dense?

Was gonna have a look at the map you said you were uploading, but haven't seen it in the 'upload' section?

Regards

E.A.

navinkumarpkDate: Friday, 16/October/2009, 2:38 AM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hey Ebel...I was wondering if perhaps I could send it to you via Msn Messenger because I seem to be unable to upload it...Perhaps you could contact me at the email I will PM you? I was wondering if perhaps you could have a look and advise me on what would be the best course of action. The sprite limit hits hard especially because the new large map sizes make this exceedingly problematic in making realistic looking maps possible...Perhaps you can have a look when I send you the maps over msn along with the userterrain file?

Thanks! biggrin

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 16/October/2009, 6:24 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Added you to msn.

Forum » Cossacks I » Map & Scenario Editing » Why is there a tree/sprite limit?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: