Can you tell me exactly what you mean with ' i want to train only selected maps from random maps' ? What exactly do you mean with 'selected' maps? What kind of selection, what type of maps specifically do you want to isolate? And is it the general terrain landscape, it's features or resources placement , or all that together which you want to change?
Depending on what it is exactly that you want to do, there might be some options to do changes to the random maps on Cossacks I. However, I must say, though I have not tried this on Cossacks I, I do have set up random maps for Cossacks II, and as such somewhat understand how it works, but, in Cossacks II everything is accessible to me, which for Cossacks I , this is not the case. As I understand the main part of the generation of random maps comes directly from the engine, unlike on CII.
However, there are some parameter files that clearly are used for random maps.
In the ALL.GSC you can find these files:
These use layers & textures to create the shape of hills / mounts in this case. Each Layer has information attached to it : eg.
Height 110 129
Angle 0 99
Meaning there are 2 textures (being 11 & 4 ), then the height (min-max) , the angle of the slope ( min & max) and the last number ( #L11 in this case) I'm not entirely sure about, but it must refer to another file in the ALL.GSC
Other files involved in random maps:
- Terrain\ RES.DAT : the first 3 sections are, well, how much mines to put on the map, the second how much resources ( for options), third section is the available landscapes in options and the fourth one is more close related to the random maps:
#0 LT_Land 000.STY 6 2 suhod4.msp 3 suhod4.msp 4 suhod4.msp 5 suhod5.msp 6 suhod6.msp 7 suhod7.msp
#1 LT_Mediterranean 000.STY 6 2 srediz4.msp 3 srediz4.msp 4 srediz4.msp 5 mediter7.msp 6 mediter7.msp 7 mediter7.msp
#2 LT_Peninsulas 000.STY 6 2 poluos2.msp 3 poluos3.msp 4 poluos4.msp 5 poluos7.msp 6 poluos7.msp 7 poluos7.msp
#2 LT_Islands 000.STY 6 2 ostrova2.msp 3 ostrova3.msp 4 ostrov4.msp 5 islands7_1.msp 6 islands7_1.msp 7 islands7_1.msp
#2 LT_Continents 000.STY 6 6 kontin2.msp 3 kontin3.msp 4 kontin4.msp 5 islands7.msp 6 islands7.msp 7 islands7.msp
#1 LT_Continent 000.STY 6 2 mediter4.msp 3 mediter4.msp 4 mediter4.msp 5 contin7.msp 6 contin7.msp 7 contin7.msp
This reads as : there are 6 main types of landscapes. Each of these lines will pick landscape samples from the corresponding .msp file.
Further you will find:
- Terrain\TERRLIST.DAT :
This file lists the different landscape pieces that are used from the PIECES folder.
and then evidently
- Terrain\PIECES\ ... all of these are for the random maps.
It has 3 main types of files:
- .smp ( samples) (if you look close, these are the same samples that appear in the editor when you open up the control + v ( landscape pieces) list). You can freely create new landscapes samples in the editor with control + C and then implement them.
- .LST ( file listing of the samples)
- .TERR ( as reffered to in TERRLIST.DAT)
Then there's also RANDOM.LST in the main all.gsc file but it decrypts weird and dont know what to make of it.
There maybe more files involved.