• «
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Ancient Mod - Cossacks I
Ancient Mod - Cossacks I
[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 19/April/2010, 10:28 PM | Message # 11
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
wouldn't it be illegal to transfer from rise of nations and/ or AOE? or would it be a personal mod

Non progredi est regredi

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 19/April/2010, 10:38 PM | Message # 12
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (putinovac)
I was thinking to use the Late Republic Romans such those Balcks figures - Legio However I am not whether they could be transferred to Cossacks.

I'm sure they can be packed to cossacks format, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so, but you would need both permission from the creator and the full sets of model frames, not just those forum imagery, which does look nice, btw.

Quote (|hwk|poppen)
wouldn't it be illegal to transfer from rise of nations and/ or AOE?

It would, unless permission is granted by all parties involved. GSC usually is not a problem and it's more off a formality asking them permission, but getting Ensemble Studios/Microsoft to give you permission for using AOE stuff for example in a game that isn't theirs, don't know bout that really.

Oberst_FuchsDate: Tuesday, 27/April/2010, 9:02 PM | Message # 13
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I have to state...........this side is very helpfull.............. biggrin

After reading the complete stuff of cossacksII modding I began to modify Alexander, even there is no community and less players online.
My first target was to make one additionell Nation playable within AI.
I decide to create Skytia. Skytia becaucse of available units and buildings in the Editor which looks simular to the Skytiens.

The first step of modification works. Even the AI works. Computer is playing also the Skytiens. Upgrates, Hints, and Icons also on their right place and works too.

In the Editor are furthermore some units which can be easily taken as Namibiens, I think I will add this nation too.

But a dream is to include Romans, Gauls and the Kartagians. Where could I get graphik files to implement such nations?
Mainly units of cource.

Anybody an idea???

greetings

Fuchs

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 29/April/2010, 10:46 PM | Message # 14
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Oberst_Fuchs)
I have to state...........this side is very helpfull..............
After reading the complete stuff of cossacksII modding I began to modify Alexander, even there is no community and less players online.
My first target was to make one additionell Nation playable within AI.
I decide to create Skytia. Skytia becaucse of available units and buildings in the Editor which looks simular to the Skytiens.
The first step of modification works. Even the AI works. Computer is playing also the Skytiens. Upgrates, Hints, and Icons also on their right place and works too.
In the Editor are furthermore some units which can be easily taken as Namibiens, I think I will add this nation too.
But a dream is to include Romans, Gauls and the Kartagians. Where could I get graphik files to implement such nations?
Mainly units of cource.
Anybody an idea???

That's nice to hear Fuchs, already looking forward to play your mod biggrin

I'm glad the stuff written down has been helpfull to you. If you need more help, don't be shy to ask questions or if you need information on things.

About your Roman models, I believe [HWK]Poppen can help you, he should sent you a mail shortly.

Best Regards

E.A.

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 30/April/2010, 4:37 AM | Message # 15
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
Yes I love the units from RTW but I like Cossacks I more, it is simpler like a game. There are a ton of units from RTW mods I would like to see if some of them could be transfered

there is a way to take units from mods on rome total war and medieval total war ( and all mods there of) but not ETW or NTW. you will need the cas importer from the tw download section on the forum. and u can poen them in 3d max. all you have to do is animate. and if its a mod, all you have to do is ask permission to use the models.

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Ancient Mod - Cossacks I
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: