• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Mega pack help
Mega pack help
OssDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 4:06 AM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Have any of you guys|gals figured out how to pack your bmps into a gp file and ACTUALY WORK!?

I ask this because I made some animations, packed them and when I open them in GP view. All I see is black and no animations.
The funny thing is that I tried to figure it out and noticed that when I extracted my GP. All the BMPs where changed to 0x 0x pixels and ecraced the image, but the names where the same. surprised Dont get it.

The only thing that kinda worked was the ALPHA channel red/yellow 1 but the colors were not there. (they looked like ghosts or old castlevania!

Any ways Im trying to solve this problem. you guys who have gotten further know how to fix this?

I know it sounds crazy but Im putting a M1Abrams ingame. smile

Message edited by Oss - Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 4:12 AM

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 28/July/2010, 11:03 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hello Oss

I assume you have read the basics on packing with mega pack?
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/0-151

It depends a bit for which game you are doing this? Cossacks or American Conquest?

But my gutfeeling says it may be something with the frames itself. Are they 8bit, 16 bit,..?

Could you write down the exact procedure you followed?

I'll see if I can help then.

Best Regards

EbelAngel

OssDate: Thursday, 05/August/2010, 11:24 PM | Message # 3
Count
Hi Ebel

Im doing this for American conquest.

I think its the bmps too because when I use megapack to pack them to Gps then when I view them all I get is a black screen. Nothing else. Although it does tell me my frame numbers and acts like it wants to work, it doesn't show anything. Also when I press zoom it doesn't show I zoomed in the 100% thing if that tells you anything.

The frames im using are 24bit.

The weird thing is that I used a bitmap of a tank sprite from the old game WestFront and packed it to gp. I could see it in the Gpviewer but with disfigured colors (dark, grey). I was like ok that worked, but why are my bmps not working?
So I copied and pasted my sprite over the WestFront sprite. I packed it and I saw the tank with a silhouette of my soldier over the tank surprised . My sprite though was alpha colors.

I followed everything in the readme and I can successfully pack (repack) AC gp files.

Here are some Im using. They are rough though! biggrin
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharek....9951eed
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=2jq8118s1qcn0ic
Here is the West front image that kinda worked.
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.....d6g.jpg

I also think its the colors?

Edit: Doing more tests.

Added (05/August/2010, 11:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ah I dont know what it is. I tried 8 bit 16 bit 24 bit depth bmps. Everyone I try I get nothing in the gp viewer. Just black. Maybe. . . ....

Message edited by Oss - Wednesday, 28/July/2010, 3:17 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 06/August/2010, 0:19 AM | Message # 4
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
its simple to test. take 5 24bit bmps of the item, make the backgorund behind it pure green ( R: 0 B:0 G:255) and make a list and name it test.lst. and put these numbers in there
( or the names of the pictures without the BMP part) and compile it in megapack

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Friday, 06/August/2010, 1:00 AM | Message # 5
Count
Oh No way!! cry It worked! I would hug you , but you know. OMG thank you.

edit: It was the background color that made it work. The stugh I used had a white background and it showed up with bad colors. The others I was trying to use had black backgrounds and didnt work at all. I guess that's why it didn't work. Interesting.

Message edited by Oss - Friday, 06/August/2010, 1:11 AM

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 06/August/2010, 2:59 AM | Message # 6
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
thats becuase the game reads the green as a "trasnparent" and pink as the nation color

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Mega pack help
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: