[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » My private mod in - Cossacks: The Art of War (Problem in GSC File Utility)
My private mod in - Cossacks: The Art of War
TobrukDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:11 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi

I create a private modification of the game Cossacks: The Art of War. I would like to change the background on the main menu. I managed to extract the file INTERAFACE + background_main_menu.bmp file all.gsc GSC File Utility tool. Unfortunately, when I want to replace my new ALL.gsc (created in the File Generation) to the original, when I turn the game, I get an error that it could not load file INTERAFACE + background_main_menu.bmp, and after a while crashes to the desktop.

[sorry for any mistakes, I use Google Translator because I have poor English)

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:22 PM | Message # 2
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
you dont need to compile a new all GSC
you need to create a mod.gs1 or patch01.gs1
make sure the name is right. and make sure its saved as the same type of file
best way to do this is open the extracted one. and paste your image over it. if its 2 big. it wont load. if its the wrong bit kind. it wont load

Non progredi est regredi

TobrukDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:25 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Thank you. If i will have any problems, i will write. [P.S Cichor is a Poles? I look into his avatar and i think is possible. I am Polish too.]

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:27 PM | Message # 4
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
yes he is. maybe he can translate for us. but im sure that will fix it. but. if u have any problems. ill help you.

Non progredi est regredi

TobrukDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:58 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
Hmm... i create a mod.gs1 file with edited background inside, i move this file to the main folder of Cossacks:AoW, but wen i start the game, The main menu is still the same

the same situation is with patch001.gs1

Added (29/January/2011, 7:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
KUZU, line 33 - Unknown command: MAGIC

This alert is displaying when i start the Cossacks after substitution patch01.gs1 with original file.

Added (29/January/2011, 7:58 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ok - i know what i do wrong. Thanks. I will write later.

Message edited by Tobruk - Saturday, 29/January/2011, 7:40 PM

CichorDate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 9:37 PM | Message # 6
Earl
Awards: 4
It is not problem if you will write in polish... But it better looks when we will write massages in two versions: in english and polish.

Tak się złożyło w życiu, że jestem z Polski. Chociaż ostatnio częściej jestem na www.c1c.pl niż tutaj. Jakby co to pisz tam już po polsku, aktualnie powstają tam dwa nowe mody (z uwagi na okres zaliczeń prace są zawieszone), więc trafisz tam na odpowiednią pomoc. (link mam w sygnaturze).

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

TobrukDate: Sunday, 30/January/2011, 11:44 AM | Message # 7
Noblemen
Wiesz może w czym zrobiłem błąd:

Bo napisałem w edytorze scenariuszy wyzwalacze, że jak mój bohater podejdzie do osoby, to wymieni się z nią węglem za jedzenie. Chciałem aby tą czynność można było powtarzać, dlatego na końcu dodałem reakcje "Wyłącz sygnał <<Węgiel za jedzenie>>" i "Uruchom bieżący wyzwalacz", a w wyzwalaczu gdy się od niego odchodzi - reakcję "włącz sygnał <<węgiel za jedzenie>>" - ale gdy podchodzę do tego gościa komunikat rozmowy wyskakuje mi ciągle i ciągle po naciśnięciu OK przeprowadzamy tą transakcję. Jak to naprawić?

-----English------
Because I wrote the scenario editor triggers that, as my character goes to the people, will replace coal with it for food. I wanted to this operation can be repeated, so I added at the end of the reactions "Turn Signal <<Węgiel for jedzenie>>on " and "Run the current release" trigger and when leaving it unattended - the reaction of "turn signal <<węgiel for jedzenie>> off"- but when I go to this guy talks a message pops up over and over when you press the OK we carry out this transaction. How do I fix this?

Message edited by Tobruk - Sunday, 30/January/2011, 11:46 AM

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » My private mod in - Cossacks: The Art of War (Problem in GSC File Utility)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: