[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » The Mod1 Install problem (did anybody ever solve this issue?)
The Mod1 Install problem
BriestroDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:45 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Well I recently started playing Cossacks again, since it's still in my top 3 overall favorite games, ever.

I've done a few hours of research on every forum I could find. A few other people had the same issue with installing Mod1, but I never really saw a solution. The issue being, the extractor/installer crashes. The error is "enumerating archive 0 files found", and then it crashes. One guy on one board I found, said he installed it on another PC and copied the files over, since the game does launch whether it's in the registry or not, and I have tested that fact. For instance, I had Imperia mod installed and working fine, then I copied the folder into another folder with a different name. I then uninstalled Cossacks from the registry, but Imperia still runs.

Anyway, my problem is, the only other PC in the house has the same problem now, and it installed MOD1 years ago without any problem at all. Is this an SP2/SP3 issue? Both PC's are using XP, and the only difference between the other PC now and that same PC back when I was playing Cossacks regularly years ago is windows updates. Otherwise it's the same thing. Imperia mod installs no problem, but I REALLY want to try Davout's OC mod. Imperia is amazing, but I have heard the same about OC. For more information about this, I have tried the basic remedies (install MOD1 from my BTW disc, I even downloaded the 1.35 installer from here). Both versions of the installer crash with the same error message. I also have been installing Cossacks (and uninstalling) to the default directory, as some of the mods required that. Reinstalling, wiping every directory out, cleaning my registry out, I have tried everything I have read. The only thing I can think of is that the service packs on XP in the last few years have caused this problem. Is there any other solution to this? VERY annoying. Imperia includes MOD1 in the install, but OC does not, and there is no other way to play it. I wish I never uninstalled the game years ago (on the other older PC) when I had Mod1 working fine.

Any information would be appreciated, and I know how old this game is, but it still rules.

thanks,

Bri

Added (02/February/2011, 7:29 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Update #1, I found an old laptop here that I thought was dead, but it's working. It has xp sp1. Mod1 installed immediately. Wierd, right? I am attempting to copy the folder over to my real desktop pc and and see what happens. I took note of the target path in the installed Mod1 shortcut, as it will need to be created. It reads C:\Program Files\Cossacks - Back to War\clancher.exe" modmode=cmo , assuming the install was in the default folder.

Let's see. I wish CDV would have released a patch for this.

Bri

Added (02/February/2011, 8:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Update #2. It worked. Overwriting the folder did the trick. I am so lucky that old laptop booted up, otherwise I would have been SOL. OC MOD installed without a hitch afterward. Scotland is cool! smile

I will be keeping a hard copy of the installed MOD1 folder as a backup now in case this issue ever pops up again.

Bri

CichorDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 1:10 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Briestro)
Let's see. I wish CDV would have released a patch for this.

It is hopeless. It looks like now GSC support only STEAM version of BtW. sad

Quote (Briestro)
I had Imperia mod installed and working fine

Order of installation Imperia Mod.

Quote (Readme.txt)
2. Unrar MOD.rar folder and put all it’s containment into the root game Directory (do not copy the whole folder, but first open it and then copy all of the parts placed in it).
Answer “yes” every time you get asked “do You want to replace already existed file”;
This step will implant the MOD –1 (Baddog) into Your game. Do not try to launch this old MOD but be sure that its already in the system;

OC mod is not single mod with Scotland. You will find it in 17th c Historical Hardcore too. More informations, links and download at this site.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

BriestroDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 3:56 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Yes, I just noticed after I had posted, that Scotland also appeared in the 17c Historical Mod. I haven't tried that one yet.

As I had said, Imperia never gave me a problem, just the basic Mod1 did. At this point, I have 3 versions of Back to War installed in different folders. One folder has the basic Mod1, one folder has Imperia, and one folder has OC Mod, and all are working perfectly now. Imperia's installation had nothing to do with Mod1 installing by itself, they are totally seperate issues in totally seperate folders. I wasn't trying to run the Mod1 that came with Imperia. It's all in my original post.

Anyway, this is still a great game.

Bri

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » The Mod1 Install problem (did anybody ever solve this issue?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: