[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Adding a nation (adding a nation)
Adding a nation
deli_huseyinDate: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 3:26 AM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
ok I read the tutorial named "adding a nation" carefully. I try to add Iran(persia) into the game..ok my new nation appears in editor but I cant see my new nation in single player game.. there is no new nation iran in nation list. so what am I doing wrong ?? any advice?. cry
plss I need help I have spent so many hours on it
note: Im modding imperia not the original version of game so maybe I missed to modified some files.

Message edited by deli_huseyin - Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 3:27 AM

CichorDate: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 9:55 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (deli_huseyin)
Im modding imperia not the original version of game so maybe I missed to modified some files.

Imperia... Eh... It's not good. Unfortunetly I don't have enough time until end of march to help you. ;/

Wrote what you do step by step.

Oh, and myy advice: try to add nation in vanilla 1.35. Maybe somewhere in tutorial is error?

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

deli_huseyinDate: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 11:54 PM | Message # 3
Baron
yes u are totally right about modding imperia..but I like imperia style it seems more realistic to me.
and yes in 1.35 I changed a nation before but it was long time ago I cant remember all the steps of modification and changing a nation is different then adding a nation..
the files that I modified
ai+ai.dat
data+imstart.dat 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (imstart0 is about default start so I didnt modified it)
data+unitlist.dat
upgrade list and unit list are in the all gsc file..so I thought it would be same to modify text+mod_text.txt
nations.lst
nmlist.txt
pers.nds
pers_bld.bmp
text+Ai.txt
text+nations.txt
unitlist.dat

I think I didnt something wrong with these files becasue game worked without any error message and problem. as I said my new nation is appeared in map editor..I think I missed to modify one more file about nations
I put these files in mods03.gs1 and after that, I add some files in mods02.gs1 because some of the files I modified were in the mods02.gs1 so I extracted some these files from mods02 and modified them and pack them in mods 03
but ok I added them in mods02 too
so what am I missing still..I didnt sleepall night long maybe thats why I couldnt seethe last file :))
anyway thank you verymuch for your answer Cichor

CichorDate: Thursday, 24/February/2011, 7:06 PM | Message # 4
Earl
Awards: 4
Hmm ... I thought about it, and... I remember that few nation were leave without of XIXthc. Maybe solution is to overwrite it?

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

deli_huseyinDate: Saturday, 26/February/2011, 3:48 PM | Message # 5
Baron
OKEY.. at last I ve added my new nation persia to te game .its all playable..offcourse no AI for it so I can select itonly for myself..it will be not an opponent.. anyway. now IM tryng to add new upgrades for it. (imperia upgrades) and changing unit names
Algerian Muskeeter changed Afghan Muskeeter
Mameluk changed Persian Light Cavalry
Hungarian(one of its fast cavalry with black horse) cavalry changed Kizilbas cavalry
I m planning to add 19 th century muskeeter.
now I have one more question..Im making this mod for my own use.. so should I ask for permission, if I use some different mods units in my mod ??

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 26/February/2011, 3:58 PM | Message # 6
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
not if you dont plan on releasing it for the public. only if u keep it to ur self

[HWK]Michael

Non progredi est regredi

deli_huseyinDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 0:33 AM | Message # 7
Baron
yes Ill keep it for myself..(I never publish a mod before except one. and it was on back to war original version)

I understand that to add a new nation is really simple part of modding..I ve tried to add some new buildings and units from AC mods ..it made me nearly mad..I think I wil never understand building lock points born points and kind of mathematics..I ve just copied and past some lines. it worked but not perfect ..always had some problems with my new buildings..the only thing that I made perfect is to add portugal muskeeter from Ac to cossacks as a mercenary. no problem with any animation..

(sorry Ill change topic) why I cant open the page "mastersofthefield" I liked that AC mod called 30 years war but the mod topic moved to this page as I know..so I have no idea how it is going and it has finished ??
anyway
now I salute all the modders with all my heart , because modding is really really hard job :))

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 1:24 AM | Message # 8
catch me on MSN and i can help u with the modding. and the thirty years war mod ( Hawks Pike and Shot) is my mod. and no. it isnt ready to be played yet. its still in testing with a very tight group of us HWKS. were shooting for a beta by late march

here is the link
http://mastersofthefield.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=50

Non progredi est regredi

deli_huseyinDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 1:33 AM | Message # 9
Baron
I cant believe that I can open mastersofthefield page biggrin ..and IM not using msn for along time sad only using facebook

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 2:01 AM | Message # 10
whats your facebook and ill add u. im on it just as much

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Adding a nation (adding a nation)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: