[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Diplomatic Centre (back to war) (How to switch it off completely?)
Diplomatic Centre (back to war)
JMDate: Thursday, 09/February/2012, 2:41 PM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
We all know it's good to advance to the 18th Century (when we can) and gain all the technical upgrades and new units, but sometimes I like to play with 17th Century troops only (I only play against the AI). The problem is, even when I set "18th Century options NEVER", the AI is still able to build the Diplomatic Centre, which gives it access to the 18th century mercenary grenadiers and dragoons.

Can anyone tell me what steps to take to ensure this does not happen?

(In fact it's worse than that - I selected Holland vs. Piemonte, no 18th century options, and Piemonte (AI) attacked me with 18th Century troops from 18th Century barracks! The AI is a cheat!)

Message edited by JM - Sunday, 12/February/2012, 2:11 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 13/February/2012, 9:12 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

The ai will build the diplo because the AI.dll tells it to do so, regardless off the options used in the map settings.

You may think about deleting the diplo from the NDS file but that will just give you an error, because the ai.dll will still tell to build a diplo while it cant be found anymore in the NDS.

At best you should rewrite the AI. At worst, you could swop the 18th century units from the diplo with 17th century units ( graphic and stat wise then) but one should keep the same MD names, because the AI.dll would still try to build them as long as they are defined in the ai.dll

E.g swop the 18th dragoon graphics with a 17th dragoon's graphics and adjust the stats in the MD file...

JMDate: Tuesday, 14/February/2012, 10:21 PM | Message # 3
Baron
Thanks for letting me know why that's going on.

"At best you should rewrite the AI" - Hahaha... me and which programmer standing by my side and holding my hand? I wish! Show me how and I will try!

I decided in the end to simply adapt, build multibarrelled cannon and shift the odds that way, simply because even if I do mod the Diplomatic Centre troops, I can't make that change to every nation's units if the AI decides to advance to C18 despite me not being able to do so. 18th C troops shoot much better and further than 17th, but they are soft and unarmoured, and the MBC cuts them down in vast swathes. Also, thanks to this site I successfully completed the alterations which allow increased numbers of artillery as per "European Wars" - not infinite, but more than enough for my purposes (about 240 cannons per artillery depot). That levels the playing field.

Message edited by JM - Tuesday, 14/February/2012, 10:23 PM

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 15/February/2012, 11:47 PM | Message # 4
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Hi!
*.NDS
[SPECIAL_UPGRADE]
MAINPI 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 sad

Message edited by ab_99 - Thursday, 16/February/2012, 0:03 AM

JMDate: Thursday, 16/February/2012, 2:50 PM | Message # 5
Baron
Thanks, ab_99. Will give it a go.

For clarification, is the * meaning "put this in all the NDS files" or "make an NDS file called *.NDS"?

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Diplomatic Centre (back to war) (How to switch it off completely?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: