[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Getting the Gather icon to show up in building menu
Getting the Gather icon to show up in building menu
FtoomshDate: Monday, 26/August/2013, 11:07 PM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
OK, another one of my hare-brained ideas. smile

In Cossacks OC Mod Balanced, I am experimenting with Log cabins for Ukraine. They get the ability to build up to 8 log cabins for defence behind wooden fences in the 18th C. In the 18th C they start to be short of serdiuks. I don't want to increase serdiuk build speed and I don't want to cheapen serdiuk barracks or change their inflation percentage because this would mess up the 17th C balance.

So, I have made it so that the 18th C log cabins can make serdiuks! This is for Ukraine only. Pretty clever, eh? It works well. I have got the born points working OK although the serdiuk walks out from behind the building rather than out the front door. I can tweak that later if I feel like it.

But the log cabin (a slightly modified BGAUZ2.MD) does not have a gather icon that can be set (the icon that looks like a big X). The place where the gather icon would normally appear and the place next to it are occupied by the buttons to turn log cabin fire on and off. How can I set up a gather icon for the log cabin? It's inconvenient without it but not unplayable. The serdiuks gather outside the front southern corner of the log cabin. But log cabins will be naturally spread along the defence fence line when used so a gather icon would be handy.

On a related issue. Would it be possible to make it so that log cabins did not fire until you put musket troops in them? I know they could be made to garrison troops, say up to 24 muskets. I know they could have their building fire disabled or made useless with very low shot power and very long reload. But could it be made so that the musket troops inside would then provide the fire? I suppose I could add the cost of 24 muskets to the log cabin cost. This would in essence achieve the same thing cost wise but would not be as elegant a solution visually. These costs would then go up with the cost % increase too.

Message edited by Ftoomsh - Tuesday, 27/August/2013, 1:26 AM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 27/August/2013, 2:14 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Ftoomsh)
How can I set up a gather icon for the log cabin?

Add it to the NDS section [CANSETDES] ( can set destination point)

About the fire thing, im not aware such function exists on the CI engine to add firing shots to a building after troops have entered.

FtoomshDate: Tuesday, 27/August/2013, 3:15 AM | Message # 3
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Thank you. That was so easy! I never noticed that section in the .NDS file. I just spent two hours trying different things, none of which worked of course. wacko

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Getting the Gather icon to show up in building menu
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: