• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks Imperia problem, and source
Cossacks Imperia problem, and source
daemonDate: Sunday, 28/December/2014, 2:43 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi, i would like to play with the imperia mod in cooperative with my friend against the computer. We can host games but cant join because the game crashes instantly. The english site on internetwars.ru says that it should work with 2 players on internet and more on LAN. I have already seen threads that say that it works, and others that say taht it doesnt. Is there any way to get it work? We are using the old retail version,( the GOG version just doesn't work), it is better with the steam version?

My other question is that i have seen on this forum in several thread a discussion about the game source code. In this one http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/26-371-1 there are new dmcr.exe files. According to this thread the source should be available somewhere. If somebody has a link to it, or has the source itself i would be realy glad if he or she could send me.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 28/December/2014, 9:02 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

Imperia has always been somewhat buggy when it comes to multiplayer. Awar never cared much about it, he just made it for singleplayer from what i'v heard. And it shows.

I'v long given up on this mod version, though it is nice to play. I never managed to contact him to ask him about it.

I cant tell you if its any better with the steam version, because I dont have it, but i think it safe to say, that it isnt . I doubt steam would have made any changes with imperia in mind.

There are people who have the source indeed, though I doubt you will publicly find a link to it. You shouldnt, because it remains property of GSC Gameworld.
It's unlikely for anyone to share it with you just upon asking, without any motivation as to what you would use it for.
I'm sure you understand that.

Regards.

daemonDate: Sunday, 28/December/2014, 10:29 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Thank you for the anwer, then we will just try more, maybe it will start to work. About the source, i would have liked to see what's the exact thing behind the very fast multiplayer and try to do something about it and i am intrested in that how they have done a 2D game with 3D terrain. I read somewhere that you have the source for the 2 (i assume it uses the same or similar terrain), if it is true could you help me with this? Maybe you already know or can find it in the source. I would be really happy if you would share this information with me. Thanks in advance!

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks Imperia problem, and source
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: