[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » source code of back to war (my mod needs it)
source code of back to war
delihuseyinDate: Monday, 02/February/2015, 1:06 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
hello Im working a new mod for 2 months.(I have some free time after finishing a year of military service) . Im planing to do seperate mods of 18'th century and 17'th century..most of work finished (17 century mod) I had little knowledge about c++ in the start.. but after 2 weeks I understand how the ai source code works. so I made a new ai. its not so professional but ai makes different kind of units a big army  so many towers and barracks etc.. didnt finished yet..but after testing the game I realize that in 2x and 4x maps(sometimes in normal sized maps) when ai creates huge army it didnt control it very well.. just waiting to kill its huge army by the enemy.. I try to assing formations different units in ai source code. nothing changed..and also ai never builds different formations .only "36 square"..I opened dmcr exe with word pad and realize its in there..offcourse I couldn changed something about dmcr exe or it crashs.I think with engine source I can do something about ai behave...
.now is it possible to find game source code ??I worked really hard on this mod and still working on it..
where should I ask for it ?? any help would be great smile

NowyDate: Monday, 02/February/2015, 12:36 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Awards: 1
Are you asked GSC Game World, there were rumours that they get back and probably work under new game.
Maybe they will can help you in source code to their old C1 game. 

Meanwhile can you inform what you changed in your mod and what do you plan to do there?

delihuseyinDate: Monday, 02/February/2015, 11:20 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Awards: 0
hmm let me talk about the changes quicly
increased musket powers about 50 * 60
soldiers personal upgrades(shotpower upgrades) will effect now shooting accuracy and maybe attackpause because now muskets are really slow
for testing Im using imperia europen archers model but I added a new unit miners..they can destroy buildings wih their pickaxes smile
low priced military buildings but slow unit creation..
as ai changes ai now create mercenaries (swordsman mercenary muskeeters,mercenary riders (nation exclusive) and all of its units
ai will build more defensive buildings (20 towers +blockhouses) towers are now cheaper but slow rate of fire
no mercenary dragoons would be available now mercenary riders can be produces
working of a new Turkish ai and new ukraine ai
no hungary would be available 
Crimea, persia would be added
there would be no algeria it will be maroc
I used some converted ac units like halberdier..nearly all european nations will create halberdier addition its non fire armed infantry force 
2 cannon for 1 artillery depot mortars are still same but lowered accuracy and shot power..(all the cannons are now with lowered accuracy and shotpower)
ai now build a huge army long game periods..ai is not good for peacetime games because it would be crashed it eems.. my last test ai created 5700 unit..
these are first things I remembered ..sorry for my bad english Ill inform u later time to time smile

NowyDate: Tuesday, 03/February/2015, 10:48 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
Awards: 1
Hmm, you did some changes and plan do next changes in the game. You can do what you want to do in your mod, but in many cases your changes looks too strange. Few could be acceptable. Generally I shall make bold to say that:

- ncreased musket powers about 50 * 60 = it is not good idea, muskets in the C1 game are powerful, however too accurate.
It would be good make lower muskets accuracy and reload time, especially for Ukrainian Serdiuks and few other units    

- soldiers personal upgrades(shotpower upgrades) will effect now shooting accuracy and maybe attackpause because now muskets are really slow = low shooting accuracy is good idea, it could be lowered, because 17-18 century fire arms were not so accurate.  Muskets at that period were really slow, therefore this idea in the mod could be acceptable.

- new unit miners..they can destroy buildings wih their pickaxes = miners were called miners becouse they were mining tunels, put mines or explosive materials under enemy fortifications (walls, towers, gates) and blowed it up making breach which later was stormed by besiegers. It would be better when miners can undermine enemy buildings. Destroy buildings only with pickaxes looks little bit strange.

- low priced military buildings but slow unit creation = you will can build too many buildings and you will quickly achieve crazy and bold megalopolis which is bad idea. Even in vanilla game players can do this and this looks not good.

- ai now create mercenaries (swordsman mercenary muskeeters,mercenary riders (nation exclusive) and all of its units = this is interesting and acceptable, however I do not know how mercenary swordsmen and riders looks.

- ai will build more defensive buildings (20 towers +blockhouses) towers are now cheaper but slow rate of fire = hmm, 20 towers? It looks too many, even in vanilla game towers can make a lot of troubles. Think that better is when AI could build wooden palisades and stone walls or another fortifications. The best idea would be forts, bastions and fortresses as it is in AC or C2 or HEW mod. Fortified camps or camp wagons (e.g. Cossacks tabor) also wolud be wellcome.

- no mercenary dragoons would be available now mercenary riders can be produces = it could be acceptable, mercenary dragoons in C1 were horrible overpowered and strange, however in 17- 18 century they were avaiable, they were not so powerful 

- working of a new Turkish ai and new ukraine ai = very good, all nations needs better AI which should execute characteristic national strategies and tactics from that period

- no hungary would be available  = why? Hungarian Transylvania was important state at that period. Even as Turkish vassals they menaged led their own politics and wars, they tried besiege Viena, intervened in Poland, Moldavia and fought against Austria.

- Crimea, persia would be added = very good, Crimea Khanate was important state at that period, however was destroyed by Russia in 18 century. Persia was big power, however it was not European and it could be hard include them on Europe map.

- there would be no algeria it will be maroc = hmm, does it really matter Algeria or Morocco, they both were not so powerful at that period. Algeria was Ottoman vassal which needed Turkish support to defend their costal towns, where based their pirates. Algeria is too powerful and spolied nation in C1. For instanse they can create very powerful cavalry and ships. I think that horse breeding, shipbuilding amd sailors training on hot desert were not so easy.

- converted ac units like halberdier..nearly all european nations will create halberdier addition its non fire armed infantry force  = hmm, halberder units were not so often met, they were expensive and little bit outdated units at that period, they played supportive roles

- 2 cannon for 1 artillery depot mortars are still same but lowered accuracy and shot power.. = 2 cannons for 1 artillery depot it is not good. Artillery was very importand and many guns were used on battlefiels, but they were not so accurate as it is in C1.
Cannons were very powerful, but problem was in poor accuracy, especially at long range. In close range they can hit accurate and cankill many people. No limits for cannons create in depot please. Only high costs, avaiable ammunition, slow movemet, poor accuracy at long range and battlefield conditions could somehow limit artillery.

- ai now build a huge army long game periods..ai is not good for peacetime games because it would be crashed it eems.. my last test ai created 5700 unit.. = Big army it is very good idea, however C1 Enginne has limits. I think that AI should create big army in proper order of battle. Mean create all units in formations, infantry as basic front line troops, supported with dragoons, light and heavy cavalry, and artillery formed in batteries. Characteristic tactical formations and order of battle it were main questions in historical warfare.

Crowded masses of units not formed in formation and poorly trained often suffered with horrible casualties and losses.
Problem is that C1 game do not prefer units formed in formations and this is very bad case in this game.

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 05/February/2015, 2:59 AM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
delihuseyin

I replied in PM to you.

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » source code of back to war (my mod needs it)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: