• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Trouble with the Imperia Mod on Steam
Trouble with the Imperia Mod on Steam
ignorantgeneralDate: Wednesday, 18/November/2015, 4:26 AM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
So I've seemingly managed to install the Imperia Mod on my Steam version of the game on a Windows 10 Laptop. However, the mouse and graphics are completely frozen, and setting it to compatibility mode or shutting down explorer.exe does nothing. Is there any way to fix this?

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 18/November/2015, 6:06 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I am not aware of this problem. And know even less about steam versions. I am not sure that the two are compatible.

How did you install the game? Did you replace files, or use an installer?

I would delete and reinstall the steam version, then unpack the mod files, and copy and paste file by file.

This is about the only advice I can give.

Hopefully someone else can help further.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

ignorantgeneralDate: Thursday, 19/November/2015, 1:02 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I used an installer. I attempted to follow your instructions as faithfully as possible, but unfortunately, it seems like I got the same error. I've also noticed that some of the game seems to be untranslated, even with the English Patch installed.

I've got an additional observation: the Cossacks Steam version appears to have all the in-game files in the doc and bin (where the .exe files and so on are located). The Imperia mod instructions seem to imply that the .exe and all the other game files are in the main folder. May that be the cause of the problem, and if so, would anyone be kind enough to provide a Steam-compatible version of this game?

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 24/November/2015, 6:33 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Wish I knew more. But I have never tried to experiment with C1 files.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Trouble with the Imperia Mod on Steam
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: