[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Interface changes in the B2W code (Steam version only)
Interface changes in the B2W code
batman72iamDate: Saturday, 07/July/2018, 8:51 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey I am trying to achieve a mod for B2W on Steam, aimed at making nations more fun to enjoy for longer games with my pals and merging some Imperia/MOD1 units as well, fill in the gap, but that I could expand further into interface and touch up few parts. It is that I have no goddamn idea where interface, both in-game and pre-game menu properties reside. Meaning files that control offsets, screen position of on-screen text and its associated string ID's so I can test some sh*t if looks good before deepening into texturing. I could've sworn Cossacks games use almost the same programming layout on the interface from AoE and Genie games (only digits).

Could someone shed a light how its done. I would also like to have a functional Credits button on the menu, tho that requires basic knowledge of the game interface I could gather if I knew where to look, loll

I gave EbelAngel a quick message, knowing him from before years and his mods. Still not heard back from him.

Message edited by batman72iam - Saturday, 07/July/2018, 8:53 PM

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 08/July/2018, 0:59 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Probably in the CONST.LST file. Everything else that isn't there will be coming from the .exe

batman72iamDate: Sunday, 08/July/2018, 10:21 AM | Message # 3
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
EbelAngel, oh fuck. I gave that file a quick look, but it seem not to change a single bit the buttons I moved around. I'll give it another try. Sucks if the executable has to be reverse engineered, that wouldn't work with Steam.

So basically if I have the MOD_TEXT.txt in the TEXT folder (or conventionally, TEXT+MOD_TEXT.txt cause no folders can be imported in GSCUtility) and I add the string check in CONST.LST, fix it on the screen I could have a new line of plain text in the game? That could work too else interface textures aren't working.

Thanks for answering, man. I thought you aren't around still!

Message edited by batman72iam - Sunday, 08/July/2018, 10:21 AM

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Interface changes in the B2W code (Steam version only)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: