[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Battle Map AI?
Battle Map AI?
Captain_RiposteDate: Sunday, 26/April/2009, 0:48 AM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Greetings!

I just thought I would check to see if anyone here knows of an AI pack that causes the AI to actually fight you on battle maps (e.g. the Hawks Clan maps) instead of just sitting there waiting for you to do something.

Thanks!

"Truth is truth to the end of reckoning."---William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure" V.I.45

CichorDate: Sunday, 26/April/2009, 9:13 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Well, you a lot demend. AI is AI, never replace real player. For exemple in HH Mod (on very hard) AI produce very huge army and after peace time attack you. But in base nobody stay (few units only).

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Captain_RiposteDate: Sunday, 26/April/2009, 10:50 PM | Message # 3
Knight
AH, I see. I was thinking of how the AI actively fights in the "Battlefield" mode of American Conquest: Fight Back.

"Truth is truth to the end of reckoning."---William Shakespeare's "Measure for Measure" V.I.45

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 27/April/2009, 11:50 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Captain_Riposte)
I just thought I would check to see if anyone here knows of an AI pack that causes the AI to actually fight you on battle maps (e.g. the Hawks Clan maps) instead of just sitting there waiting for you to do something.

If I understand it correctly, you tried out some of the Hawks clan maps? I dont know which map you tried out, but a lot of their maps are geared towards multiplayer games, so there is no AI involved.
But you mention Battle Maps, so i presume you must have had a specific Battle ( historical battle). Again its very well possible that you have had a map that was set up as a Historical Battle but that was made to be played by humans online.
In that case, there is probably no AI included in the scenario of the map, if there was a scenario attached to it at all. It was probably just an m3d map you had?

Now, what an AI pack does is, it reviews the original AI that is launched via Random Map vs an AI player. This AI was setup towards the random map options, e.g it has been ' written' to build a nation and produce soldiers, etc...
This is what is different with the 'historical battle' mode. Usually there is no building involved and the AI depends on specific situations that are different in most battles, so there for it doesnt use the 'regular' AI but a self written 'AI' which is actually a bunch of triggers telling what the AI should do in this specific scenario. This can be done 2 ways, either making a custom scenario via scenario editor, or writing a new ai.dll in c++ to go with that specific battle.
You refer to the battlefield mode of AC, i presume that what the ai does exactly has also been written down in a specific scenario or ai file to go with that particular battle.
So though there are AI packs out there that give you a change in the ai's behaviour, i dont think any" ai pack" has been written that can run for Battle field mode, because all battles are different.

I hope this somewhat makes sense, if it doesnt, ill have to explain better...
So writing an ai pack that could be used for any battle, at the moment seems impossible, due to inherent limitations in programming. Though we use graphical user interfaces, what the computer really reads are 0's and 1's. At the moment it can be either 0 OR 1. Hopefully, our children will have Quantum PC's where it will be both 0 AND 1. Endless Possibilities then, but untill then, i think if you want the AI to kick in when you play a Historical Battle, you will need to set it up yourself, either by making triggers ( scenario) for that battle or by tricking it and using a ' random map' ai on a ' historical battle map'.

Captain_RiposteDate: Wednesday, 29/April/2009, 2:23 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Yes, I tried playing Hawks maps in singleplayer, although I knew that they were designed for multiplayer. I didn't realize that a special AI code had to be written for a scenario...

As far as Battlefield, I meant that it would be great if battle maps in Cossacks could be played in singleplayer that way. No one seems to play historical battles online (at least when I'm connected).

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 29/April/2009, 2:30 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Quote (Captain_Riposte)
As far as Battlefield, I meant that it would be great if battle maps in Cossacks could be played in singleplayer that way. No one seems to play historical battles online (at least when I'm connected).

Yeah always found it a pitty you cant play the historical battle maps that came with cossacks offline. I guess the easiest way is setting up a map in the map editor, make it so that the computer player has no access to certain resources and then write a bunch of triggers that make the ai fight with the soldiers it has and deny building.

putinovacDate: Sunday, 15/November/2009, 10:47 AM | Message # 7
Noblemen
I have just created the battle of Austerlitz in the map editor using the units from the Imperia mod (France - Russia/Austria). Ebel Angel I would like to ask you two questions: firstly how I could erase additional troops and cannons because I mistakenly overpopulated the map and the second question is related to the topic, can I make one of the two sides to be AI controlled by putting certain triggers (through the scenario editor I guess?).

Thanks

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 15/November/2009, 1:25 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Quote (putinovac)
I have just created the battle of Austerlitz in the map editor using the units from the Imperia mod (France - Russia/Austria). Ebel Angel I would like to ask you two questions: firstly how I could erase additional troops and cannons because I mistakenly overpopulated the map and the second question is related to the topic, can I make one of the two sides to be AI controlled by putting certain triggers (through the scenario editor I guess?).
Thanks

Hi putinovac,

For those units & cannons that are redundant, try selecting them and pressing the DELETE key on your keyboard.

About the AI, I never made a battle map on the Imperia Mod, but I presume it can be done aswell. I don't know in what way the changes that are done to Imperia might be conflicting with the already somewhat bugged scenario editor, but if you give it a try, set up some triggers with conditions and actions and see if it kicks off.
What I'm not sure about is this: its a battle map and you want AI on it. The AI on cossacks is geared towards the random maps ( for building & attacking). Typical about the battlemaps is that there is no building involved and you actually dont need the AI to run one of the nations. You can entirely script it with triggers & conditions & actions, and in that sense its not the pure AI from the AI folder.

I hope that makes sense to you?

Regards

E.A.

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Battle Map AI?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: