Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
ok.

hydroxyDate: Monday, 01/February/2010, 4:49 AM | Message # 12
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Cichor is right, currently the site is just a blog so it isn't joinable yet, but I'm currently integrating a wiki and forum onto it, so as soon as I get those up and running feel free to register. Any help is appreciated, thanks

Added (01/February/2010, 4:49 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Hey, I've just finished adding a wiki and redesigning the forum, just thought I'd post here to let everyone know. Sorry for the double post whistling

[1CB]DerroteDate: Monday, 15/March/2010, 8:33 PM | Message # 13
Noblemen
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Hi

we work at a new version of Imperia but I can't edit the KI.
I have read that the language is C++.
Can one of you say me what tools i need to decompile the DDLs from Imperia and then to compile it again? :)

Sry for my English :)

Gruß Derrote
Erste Cossacks Brigade

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 15/March/2010, 8:42 PM | Message # 14
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (|1CB|Derrote)
we work at a new version of Imperia but I can't edit the KI.
I have read that the language is C++.
Can one of you say me what tools i need to decompile the DDLs from Imperia and then to compile it again? :)

Hallo [1CB]Derrote,

The AI files can be decompiled when you have the source code with which they were originally created. I only have the AI (KI) source code for the original 1.35 version and you can find it here. Unfortunately I do not posess the AI source code for the Imperia mod AI files. I suppose you could give it a try and see if you can decompile the imperia files in the source environment of the original AI files however I doubt that will work. In any case a Visual C++ programm will be required to build.

I'll see if i can contact someone on the Russian front to get the source of the AI files of Imperia, though I have no idea if Awar is still alive.

You could also try hex editors such as PE Explorer, UeStudio , IDA Pro to decompile though I havent tried this on the AI source files for Imperia and this method is rather unwieldy.

Hope that somewhat helps.

Kind Regards

[1CB]DerroteDate: Monday, 15/March/2010, 9:07 PM | Message # 15
Noblemen
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Quote (EbelAngel)
I'll see if i can contact someone on the Russian front to get the source of the AI files of Imperia, though I have no idea if Awar is still alive.

ok i will see what i can make.
It would be very good if you could get the AI

Regards Derrote

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 15/March/2010, 9:12 PM | Message # 16
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
[1CB]Derrote,

Just talked to Gexozoid ( AC/EW ) on msn for Awar's mail, but he told me that Awar rarely replies to mails and if he does so it can take months and they should be in english. And even if he replies it is very unlikely that he will share the source.

So Gexozoid suggested to post the question on the Russian internetwars forum ( www.interwars.ru ) because the people that helped Awar with Imperia ( Erofey,...) are there and they might have it or be willing to share. Advisable to run your question ttrough a translator and post in russian.

Also be specific that it is the source you need and why you need it.

Let me know how it works out.

Btw, what exactly are you guys improving on Imperia?

Regards

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » I'm Creating a New Mod
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: