Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Clones on C2
Clones on C2
DaddioDate: Sunday, 10/May/2009, 7:12 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Good Morning Angel,

I have a question for you about IP addresses on servers.

I am very impressed with the box you have up on who is online on what I assume is the Gamespy server.

Is it possible to do this with the C2 server? To be more specific I would like to know the IP address of who is on.

We are in the midst of a huge clone problem and I would like to know whom I am playing at any given time.

You could be playing a top ranked player with 0 points and loose 100 points vs 2 or 3 if you were playing his real account.

It is very frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Sunday, 10/May/2009, 7:14 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 11/May/2009, 8:50 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

Yes thats indeed the gamespy server list for Back to War.

Yes its possible to do this for the C2 server. But to make the ip adresses display of the players online is something different though. I don't think im good enough to pull that trick. Though it must be possible. If you hoover over the flags on the list on the main page, you see their location ( country and city). This however is the location of the internetprovider they are using.

You already get a lot of information out of that, cause its very unlikely that 2 players are from the same city , same country at the same time in cossacks. But , its always possible ofcourse.
So Ip adresses are more usefull indeed. I used to have a trick for this a few years ago, but I kinda forgot how to track cheaters.

I'll have a look around if someone else has an idea, and I'll check some friends at another game that are brilliant in scripting stuff against hackers/cheaters. Maybe they got a better idea.

Regards

DaddioDate: Monday, 11/May/2009, 10:33 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Anything would be great,

Thanks,

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 11:55 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
If your reading this , I presume you already seen the new block on the main page....

smile :) smile

Got some things I'm gonna try out, but for now that should do the trick to see who is there.

It shows player name, country, isp location and email. No mail adress or an odd mail adress such as aaa@bbb.cc are suspected ( Either hacked game version or deliberately using a vulnerability in the system and hiding their "mail adress" ). Mind there is a 2 minute delay for refreshment.

Regards

Angel

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 5:54 PM | Message # 5
Marquis
Looks really good, but all of that information is already there on the server.

I need to know if they are the same person or not?

May not be possible.

Daddio

Added (12/May/2009, 5:54 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I would suggest a change in color for the background or type, as it is very hard to read since both are dark colors.

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 12/May/2009, 10:33 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Hmm, which browser are you using? On my screen it has a white background ( Internet Explorer)Im just guessing but are you on the 'so much' hyped Firefox?

Well if your patient, im looking around if the score viewer can be set up for CII. This provides much better information about accounts.
I'v also asked some people if they can have a look to set up an IP tracker script. But that last one is yet to be seen. Possible this will have to go trough mIRC or another internet relay client. Problem is, if this is the only option ( instead of a web based application) I will need permission from either Gamespy and/or GSC. Accessing is the least of the problem. If gamespy /gsc had admins or moderators on their games, we would not need to do this for ourselfs.
Alternatively , we could ask gamespy/Gsc to give someone trusted ( eg a forum moderator) allowance to access Mirc and get admin rights from them.

On the 'to do' list

Regards

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 13/May/2009, 0:17 AM | Message # 7
Marquis
The C2 reading has not changed for some 8 hours?

Is it working?

Yes I am using the Firefox browser, Did not think that it would change the colors though?

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 13/May/2009, 6:04 AM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Damm yes your right, its not updating. Gonna have to have a look at it. Not sure why its not working as the other one. Thanks for spotting that, prolly would have taken me a while to realise it.

Yes Firefox has issues. If I open the site with Firefox it shows up all dark aswell. Never liked Firefox to be honest. If they cant even display pages properly, they should rethink again, same goes for Opera and google's latest attempt with their Chrome.

Funny thing is, Ucoz website's are supposed to work 'fine' with Firefox.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 17/May/2009, 10:35 AM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Bah,

I'm not getting it to update. Don't get why it works fine for the other list and not for this one. Even tested the gs CII and the gsc CI, those work, im a bit puzzled. I'll need help on this one.

DaddioDate: Thursday, 25/June/2009, 4:08 PM | Message # 10
Marquis
Not sure if it is worth mentioning but I did see a name on there that was constantly on the old server. "Goggle". Day and night that name would appear for about 5 to 10 seconds then go away.

Once the server was upgraded about a year ago, the name disappeared.

Could be you are linking to an older system?

Daddio

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Clones on C2
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: