• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Can't play online Cossacks 2 napolic war
Can't play online Cossacks 2 napolic war
UtrehdDate: Saturday, 19/June/2010, 2:55 PM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi i wanted to play once online but if i ever click on the regrist button coming a info "your passwort is false" or "your game box id is false". can anyone help me?

Message edited by Utrehd - Sunday, 20/June/2010, 11:21 AM

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 20/June/2010, 1:34 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi Utrehd,

Is it a second hand version of the game ( has the key been used already?), is it a downloaded version without key to go online?
Or did you bought the game and have a key but you can't register (again) with it?

UtrehdDate: Monday, 21/June/2010, 4:48 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
the 3. i have buy it in a store but it doesn't work.

UtrehdDate: Monday, 21/June/2010, 6:44 PM | Message # 4
Noblemen
i played ca. 10 min skirmishe and cossack become an error, but i don't see any error. i played with vista

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 22/June/2010, 1:00 PM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Utrehd,

- Please provide a direct X report below (or in attachment) so I can see what operating & hardware system you have.

- Please provide the content of C\:Program Files\GSC Game World\Cossacks II\Data\loading.log & log.txt in order to see what errors happened on last run of the game.

- Which skirmish were you playing when the error happened?( an original one or a downloaded fan map?)

- Going to merge this thread with you other "C2/NW problem" thread.

Regards

E.A.

P.S. If English is a problem you can speak German or French (or is it Italian ,I see your from CH)

UtrehdDate: Wednesday, 23/June/2010, 7:36 PM | Message # 6
Noblemen
loading.txt

log.txt

also ich sage es nochmal auf deutsch es stürtzt immer während der schlacht gefeacht nach ca. 30 min ab und wenn ich da beim speicherstand weiter mache sürtzt es schneller ab bei jeder karte ob standart oder gedwonloadet.

Attachments: DxDiag.txt (33.3 Kb)

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 25/June/2010, 5:20 PM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Right, thanks for those files.

At first sight I see 2 possible problems which may or may not be at the cause of your problem.

From loading.log most of those lines are "normal", sloppy GSC programming, except for the last lines pointing to:
Unknown sound ID: INTERF_UPDEF
Unknown sound ID: INTERF_ENTERSAB
Unknown sound ID: INTERF_CONTR

From log.txt, it looks normal at first sight, except these lines:
20:37:51 | Info | Creating reflection map. TexMem: 1899Mb
20:37:51 | Info | Creating shadow map. TexMem: 1899Mb
20:37:51 | Info | Creating terrain cache. TexMem: 1897Mb, NSurf: 128
20:37:51 | Info | Creating sprite cache. TexMem: 1877Mb, NSurf: 1024

1899 MB, that's almost 2 Gigs, just to create the basic map. It's way too much, my game uses about 450-550 MB per map.

From DX Diagnostics:

- Your RealTek Sound Driver is somewhat out of date ( 2 years old) : Date and Size: 7/3/2008 19:03:48, 2152088 bytes
and may just explain why there is a problem showing up in Loading.log (those 3 last "unknown sound files")
Please visit RealTek Download and look for the needed drivers ( I think you need the version from september 2009)

- Your videocard memory : 506 MB + Shared Memory : 1406 MB = 1912 MB
Compare this to the log.txt memory status shown: 1899 MB, just for the map, so indeed, as you state, after playing a while ( read: more soldiers on the map) you are out of memory with a crash as result because you only have 13 MB left to "play" with.

I don't really know what to do with this last one, normally it shouldn't use so much memory to start with.Assuming that you have shut down all other running programms in the background while playing, you could try to increase the shared memory of the video card. Or install a heavier video card (one with more then 512 MB Memory).
Or one could try to find a solution to make the game use less memory but I don't know where to start with that one. (Perhaps reinstall and see if it still uses as much)

Regards

E.A.

EDIT: forgot to say, about your first post , your problem with the online keys. IF you have bought them legally and still have a proof off purchase then there is someone who might be able to help you to go online (again).
Explain your problem to go online to L'Europeen in private message here on the site, he is the server administrator for Cossacks 2 and is able to help people with legitimate versions. Alternatively you can find him on his own site, being the autun site.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Friday, 25/June/2010, 5:26 PM

UtrehdDate: Saturday, 26/June/2010, 12:48 PM | Message # 8
Noblemen
ah ok my i start with 1877 Mb and have only 1912 the map cost 22Mb and so i have only 13 Mb for the Npc's

Edit:
Now i have lookd on my taskmanager and i see i have 85 prozzeses.

Added (26/June/2010, 12:48 PM)
---------------------------------------------
i have become a new error http://www.bilder-space.de/show_im....riginal evt. hängt der error mit dem error beim skirmish zusammen.

Message edited by Utrehd - Friday, 25/June/2010, 7:00 PM

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 26/June/2010, 6:14 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Quote (Utrehd)
Now i have lookd on my taskmanager and i see i have 85 prozzeses.

hehe, lol that is way too much. A vanilla install of vista should only have like 40- 50 processes running maximum.
Use WindowsArch:'search-box' and type: msconfig
A panel will open, go to the start up tab and shut down all non essential programms which start up ( that means you don't shut down your: Microsoft services, Display services for your ATI drivers and if any, antivirus, all the rest is not needed to start up.
For more information about this procedure: http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_vista.html
If you are unsure about a service which starts up, just google the name, it will tell you wether the programm is needed or not at start.

About that new error ' Buffer overrun detected", it could be related to this memory issue you have, but I have never seen this error before. I'm gonna have to read & ask around for this one.

UtrehdDate: Sunday, 27/June/2010, 8:40 AM | Message # 10
Noblemen
i have do it and i have install it new too. and now it works thanks.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Can't play online Cossacks 2 napolic war
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: