• »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Lag
Lag
PalesDate: Monday, 26/July/2010, 3:50 PM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi I played cossacks II napoleonic wars 1.2 with my pc (PIV 3GHz (800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache) 1,5GB DDR 400Mhz, Geforce 7300Gt 256Mb 128bit vga) XP service pack 2 and my notebook (Intel Pentium Dual Core T6500 (2,16GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache), 4GB DDR2 800MHz, ATI Radeon HD4650 (1024MB) Vista servise pack 2. I set the minimum resolution 1024x768 and low shadow quality but when i play online and there are about 2000-3000 units the game is very very laggy therefore i usually lose the battle. I have the newest drivers. And my internet upload speed is 15Mb/s download speed is 1,5Mb/s.
Do you have any idea why the game laggy? I hope you help me. Thanks everything.

Pales

[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 26/July/2010, 7:03 PM | Message # 2
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
cossacks 2 seems to have lag problems on any Laptop ( mine aswell and i got 4 gig of ram, a ati video card, and its dual core), i suggest putting it on a desktop if u have one.

Non progredi est regredi

PalesDate: Monday, 26/July/2010, 8:13 PM | Message # 3
Knight
I tried it my desktop too. (PIV 3GHz (800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache) 1,5GB DDR 400Mhz, Geforce 7300Gt 256Mb 128bit vga) XP service pack 2 --- The problem is same. If I have 2000-3000 units the game is laggy.
What do you thing what is the right configuration? More ram or stronger video card?

DaddioDate: Monday, 26/July/2010, 10:18 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Awards: 4
I am not sure what you are considering to be laggy, But it is normal for c2 to lag just a bit.

When several units break at once. or under heavy fighting with lots of units involved.

Now if your units are not involved in any fighting, and you still have lag. Then that is not normal.

C2 was meant to be played in 0pt, and many troops are just too much to handle for the engine.

I am not sure why. I have theory's but nothing I can put my finger on.

LOL love the cat, mine is a bit more aggressive! cool

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

CichorDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 10:36 AM | Message # 5
Earl
Quote (Pales)
but when i play online

You mean TCP/IP? Several months ago with my friends we tried to played C1 by Hamachi and all the time we had lags. Lags since beginning of the game.... Nightmare!! sad

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

PalesDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 12:15 PM | Message # 6
Knight
Quote (Cichor)
You mean TCP/IP?
No when I play on game server but when I play offline the problem is same. However I don't play offline because it's already boring a bit for me.

Quote (Daddio)
Now if your units are not involved in any fighting, and you still have lag. Then that is not normal.

When the units are not involved the lag isn't terrible but meanwhile the fighting I can not to give command to the units.

Quote (Daddio)
C2 was meant to be played in 0pt, and many troops are just too much to handle for the engine.

What do you mean "0pt"? Is it possible the game engine is not enough for many units? I don't think because the opponent usually can give command to the units surprised
Really your cat is a terrorist biggrin

CichorDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 12:28 PM | Message # 7
Earl
Quote (Pales)
What do you mean "0pt"?

Zero peace time. Since beginning you can attack enemies and vice versa.

In my opinion you should try to install old version of drivers to graphic card. Sometimes it eliminate problems with games.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Message edited by Cichor - Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 12:30 PM

PalesDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 12:43 PM | Message # 8
Knight
Quote (Cichor)
In my opinion you should try to install old version of drivers to graphic card. Sometimes it eliminate problems with games.

I have tried it was worse wink

NowyDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 5:58 PM | Message # 9
Marquis
Awards: 1
Hm, strange thing.

My 4 years old notebook is not a superb machine and I can play C2 BfE on my notebook without big lags. However when I use more than 2500 units, there are so many formations on battlefield and of course I can not use all these units in effective way at the same time. Therefore I start fight earlier and usually try end the game with less than 3000 units on my side. This way game had not lags too.

Nevertheles it is normal that C2 can makes lags sometimes.

Maybe you should check you antivirus system and few other programs when you would like to play C2. And XP is better than Vista for this game.
You also should be little bit more patient when you start the game because you can makes double start and this way you can open two times this game sometime. Then it can makes lags.

I read somewhere how to make some kind of improvment with lags in C2 BfE.
Find folder with
Cossacks 2 - Battle for Europe\Run\Data
find file log.txt
open it with right mouse click and make READ ONLY
These can little bit helps.

Maybe you can try something like that way on C2 NW but I do not guarantee that it will works there.

PalesDate: Tuesday, 27/July/2010, 8:33 PM | Message # 10
Knight
Quote (Nowy)
Find folder with Cossacks 2 - Battle for Europe\Run\Data find file log.txt open it with right mouse click and make READ ONLY

Thanks for the ideas I already tried it but it wasn't successful sad
Quote (Nowy)
Maybe you should check you antivirus system and few other programs when you would like to play C2. And XP is better than Vista for this game.

I turned off my antivirus system and the other programs too when I start the game. In my desktop there is XP sad
Just on the notebook there is vista

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Lag
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: