[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacs II Napoleonic wars (How can i get Cossacks 2 Napoleonic wars to work on Win 7)
Cossacs II Napoleonic wars
Kalle4000Date: Monday, 19/March/2012, 3:21 PM | Message # 11
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
You could buy it on steam (costs around 5 €), it works fine for me and i'm using windows 7. smile

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 25/June/2014, 0:12 AM | Message # 12
Count
I have a problem when trying to use patch 1.4.

Attachments: 9563672.png (12.8 Kb)

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 01/July/2014, 7:38 AM | Message # 13
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
If i remember well, patch 1.4 is only for german , french and russian version of the game. Silly i know, its just the way it is....

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 02/July/2014, 4:15 AM | Message # 14
Count
Ok well, I am thinking of purchasing Napoleonic Wars, will patch 1.2 allow me to play on Windows7?  

Also, if patch 1.2 overrides StarForce for C II NW, why not transfer the appropriate files from the patch to C II BFE in order to allow it to play without the issues that currently plague it?

Do you know what version of C++ the source code requires for C II?  I have given up with C++ 6.0 to mod ACFB, it is bugged like nothing I have ever seen before.

Me!

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 02/July/2014, 9:02 AM | Message # 15
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote Marshal ()
Ok well, I am thinking of purchasing Napoleonic Wars, will patch 1.2 allow me to play on Windows7?

Works for me.

Quote Marshal ()
Also, if patch 1.2 overrides StarForce for C II NW, why not transfer the appropriate files from the patch to C II BFE in order to allow it to play without the issues that currently plague it?

o.O
they are 2 different engine's. You cant just manually add files from one version to another. Sure that works with parameter files like md's given that some changes are done if needed, but the .dll's and .exe wont just accept the changes like that.
The main issue is the engine version number, which would have to be changed inside the source. I dont have the BFE source to do so.
It is far easier to add the BFE nations in NW.
Quote Marshal ()
Do you know what version of C++ the source code requires for C II? I have given up with C++ 6.0 to mod ACFB, it is bugged like nothing I have ever seen before.

Visual c++ 7.0

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 02/July/2014, 9:45 PM | Message # 16
Count
Quote EbelAngel ()
Visual c++ 7.0
Do you mean Visual C++ .NET 2002?  
Quote EbelAngel ()
It is far easier to add the BFE nations in NW.
Cool by me.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacs II Napoleonic wars (How can i get Cossacks 2 Napoleonic wars to work on Win 7)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: