• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks Battle for Europe slowdown
Cossacks Battle for Europe slowdown
[HWK]FredrikDate: Friday, 09/September/2011, 8:01 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I know that this might not be the right place to ask but there was no help on cdv with this.

My problem is that when i capture a villlage in Cossacks 2 battle for Europe is that it slows down. Also i am unable to play french, austrians,russians, british, prussians and egypt in campaign, it causes ctd. Anyone who have experienced something similiar to this? Is there any solution?

Yikes_deuxDate: Friday, 09/September/2011, 8:26 PM | Message # 2
Esquire
When do you exactly experience the slow downs? Is it while you're on the campaign map or during battlescape? And what do you mean by "ctd"?

DaddioDate: Saturday, 10/September/2011, 1:10 AM | Message # 3
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Lots of variables.

What OS are you using?

Are you running the demo version?

French version?

64, or 32 bit system?

How much ram do you have?

What is your vid card?

Thanks

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

NowyDate: Saturday, 10/September/2011, 10:30 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
Awards: 1
Short slow down, when player captured village is common problem in C2. Sometime it also heppened when player's grenadiers throw their hand grenades.
These slow downs are strange, but it looks that you must accept it.

Next mentioned by you problem needs some more information from you. Daddio ask some good questions, but I add one more.

Do you change your commander profile before you start Battle for Europe Campaign?

Sometime players forgot that they must change their profile to proper national commander which repersent this faction (nation) which they want to play with. Yes I know it is funny, but it happend. cool

[HWK]FredrikDate: Saturday, 10/September/2011, 1:52 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
My OS is Windows XP and i am not running the demo version. I have the english version of the game. My system is 32 bit and my ram is 1 GB. vid card: Nvidia Geforce 750 Lee.

ctd= crash to desktop.

Hope this is all you need smile

DaddioDate: Saturday, 10/September/2011, 6:50 PM | Message # 6
Marquis
Well the demo version is limited in several areas. I would say that your problems with limited play is a result of this.

2GB of RAM is really a minimum to run the game smoothly.

The problems that Nowy mentioned are eliminated with the patched version of the game.

Sorry for the news, But the game is a little old now and can be had very cheaply if you like it.

Hope this helps,

Daddio (Still a Hawk in spirit)

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

[HWK]FredrikDate: Saturday, 10/September/2011, 11:54 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
I forgot to the tell that i have the full game not the demo.

NowyDate: Sunday, 11/September/2011, 1:45 PM | Message # 8
Marquis
Awards: 1
Quote (Daddio)
The problems that Nowy mentioned are eliminated with the patched version of the game.

Are you jocking? I got C2 BfE 1.3 and there are sometimes these mentioned above shortly slow down problems.
It happend in late stage of the gameplay, when on battlefield operate lot of units.
I can live with this and it is not a major problem there, but why [HWK] Frederik can not play with mentioned nations?

Do you know any official patch to this game? I thought that there were not any patches except unofficial 1.4 which was only for Russian version.

@[HWK]Fredrik

Did you try change your's commanders and faction/nation profile in single player menu, which you want to play before you start BfE?

I thought that you tried C2 Battle for Europe 1.3 version and not C2 Napoleonic Wars 1.2 version.
This game should run on your computer. However 1 GB RAM and vid card: Nvidia Geforce 750 Lee could be problematic there.

Nevertheless even my old notebook with Win XP and ATI Radeon vid card works quite fine with this game, and normally it can run smoothly.
However it quickly is hot and needs cooling, but it can run even long and big games with c.a. 2.800 units per player which fought in few places at once.

I made some kind of tunning which can little bit help with some lags and normally I fight not so quickly acctions where I engaged only parts of troops which I got in my disposition.

DaddioDate: Sunday, 11/September/2011, 4:16 PM | Message # 9
Marquis
Where did you get your full version of BFE?

I ask because some versions have problems.

It still appears that the game is acting like it is the Demo version.

Did you completely uninstall the demo before loading the new version?

If you have a very early version of the game 1.3 there was a fix for the lagg problem.

I can no longer find it thought the link has expired.

So I have placed my fixed file here for you to try.

Go here http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load....1-0-380

Hope this helps.

First uninstall game, and demo.

Then copy and paste the log.txt file.

Then start the game and let me know how it gos.

Daddio

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks Battle for Europe slowdown
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: