[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Just downloaded cossacks 2...
Just downloaded cossacks 2...
calcalDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 6:23 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi,
just in the process of downloading cosacks 2 (legally btw..through steam!) but as ive noticed..im already prepared for it to not work on my laptop as its windows 7??

is their an easy way round this? because i aint great with computers at all! its like reading foreign to me...

and if i was to download the 1.2 patch off this website..would that make it work? i await your replies,
thank you.

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 6:59 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Ahum, just to be clear:
you havent installed the game yet and you are asking how to get it to work because you think there might be a problem?

For me, the game works fine on Windows 7, but my version is not a steam version.

patch 1.2 fixed issues on the original version, but I dont know if it can be used on a steam installation.

Its not that I dont want to help you but i dont even know what possible problems you may or may not encounter untill you have actually installed the game.

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 8:05 PM | Message # 3
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
I'm also using laptop with Windows 7 and it works perfectly with Napoleonic Wars and Battle for Europe bought from Amazon.

I've also downloaded Cossacks: American Conquest through Steam and it also worked perfectly. Though I'm not playing it anymore...not my cup of tea.

Which system does your laptop run calcal? 32-bit or 64-bit? I have 32 and like I've said all works fine. If you have 64-bit system you will probably have trouble running the game, just don't ask me why (no idea). The 1.2 patch can solve some problems with the Starforce Protection as I have read in some other thread on this forum. But like EbelAngel says, I don't know if it works with Steam downloads.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

calcalDate: Thursday, 01/December/2011, 9:56 PM | Message # 4
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi yeahhh...because my cousin downloaded it also and it didnt work? and he uses windows 7 aswell? so i just presumed it would be the same for me! smile and i was right...

but i got hold of the disc version and it works perfectly! great game!

cheers for the replies also.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Just downloaded cossacks 2...
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: