[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » WIN 7 - 32-bit & 64-bit problems. What gives? (...)
WIN 7 - 32-bit & 64-bit problems. What gives?
aiidiiDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 10:40 PM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Okay, after reading all the threads about probs with the game not running on win7 it is clear that most if not all of those probs arise on 64-bit systems. Anyone know why that is? I myself am not a computer expert and would like to know. angry

Btw I have no probs as I am running win7 32-bit system (on a laptop).

I drink, therefore I am.

Message edited by aiidii - Thursday, 24/November/2011, 10:42 PM

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 10:52 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
There was a thread on the cdv forum once where someone managed to get it to work on a 64 bit system.
But i cant remember if it was in the Napoleonic or Battle for Europe wars section or in tech support or just game play sections. Think it was posted like 1 or 2 years ago.

I dont know what is different about a 64 bit system to even speculate on it. Never had one off those.

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 24/November/2011, 11:06 PM | Message # 3
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
I've just visited Wikipedia and found this:

The main disadvantage of 64-bit architectures is that relative to 32-bit architectures, the same data occupies more space in memory (due to swollen pointers and possibly other types and alignment padding). This increases the memory requirements of a given process and can have implications for efficient processor cache utilization.

Does this mean one would need stronger computer to run the game with 64-bit sytem than someone with 32-bit system?

I drink, therefore I am.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » WIN 7 - 32-bit & 64-bit problems. What gives? (...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: