[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Back to Cossacks 2 (a few issues)
Back to Cossacks 2
HerrPeteDate: Saturday, 25/February/2012, 4:21 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey there guys,

Just registered on the site as I just re-installed Cossacks II and it's stand alone expansion.
I now remember why I stopped playing the game all those years ago and I have come here to see if there are mods etc which may correct a few things.

For starters I feel as though everything is just completely out of control in a skirmish, units leaving formation constantly, enemy troops waltzing into my town in columns and they scatter leaving me to deal with hundreds of mindless soldiers walking about. Massive Volleys doing literally no damage to an enemy (completely understand the muskets and the reason for volleys) yet the enemy columns front few ranks can obliterate and scatter my line in one go....of course you can get on top of this with a few lines of infantry but the columns keep coming and the soldiers just eventually disperse.

a serious lack of skirmish mode options, set wealth options etc to maybe make things take a bit longer to get instead of the AI and myself spewing out units and a stupid rate. Just a general serious lack of options for anything really annoys me and the only way to get a fairly good game is with another player.

Is it just me?

Thanks guys

Pete

DaddioDate: Friday, 02/March/2012, 1:47 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Okay,

When units leave the formation it is because they are broken, this means that the moral level has fallen below a certian point. This can happen from a number of different sources. If you move troops off of the road then fatigue will set in lowering moral. or if your troops fall below a certian level they will break. other troops who break and flee through a formation, this will also lower moral, and cause a break. an officer will improve offensive moral, a drummer will improve defensive moral, and a flag bearer will improve both.

In addition to the above moral builders, When your troops go to stand ground, their shot and cold steel power are improved. This is meant to simulate digging in, or improving defensive capabilities.

You can change the resources on a map, or download a map that already has a larger amount as part of their setup. I have made several, that you can download from this site.

If all this seems a little too complicated, you can always select "Arcade Mode" and all moral will be doubled for the entire game.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

NowyDate: Friday, 02/March/2012, 2:04 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote (HerrPete)
For starters I feel as though everything is just completely out of control in a skirmish, units leaving formation constantly, enemy troops waltzing into my town in columns and they scatter leaving me to deal with hundreds of mindless soldiers walking about. Massive Volleys doing literally no damage to an enemy (completely understand the muskets and the reason for volleys) yet the enemy columns front few ranks can obliterate and scatter my line in one go....of course you can get on top of this with a few lines of infantry but the columns keep coming and the soldiers just eventually disperse.

I suggest read some useful tactics which can help you fight even against AI.
You can find it here http://kozaku.in.ua/news.php

It's really easy game and there are many ways to avoid some bad things and keep everything under control in skirmish games.
My soldiers in C2 very rare leaving or breaking formations. It happend, but it looks quite realistic when soldiers run away in some cases.

However I do not like these stupid and crazy killings around military buildings.

I thinkt that some volleys are too powerful now. It can inflict huge demage. Even one massive volley delivered timely at right range can destroy formation.
Several remnants you could easly finish with bayonets or leave them alone. Let's they walking before they get back to their base. It needs time and little bit influence on enemy's population which of course needs some dwellings.

Do not forget that attacking columns during NW made many troubles for defenders.
However British found fine tactic against French columns. They used reverse slope tactic, but this is hard implement into this game.
Nevertheless artillery in C2 can destroy columns very well.

Then you should use some atillery cannons and howitzers, they effectively help you weaken and destroy enemy formations and fortifications.

Quote (HerrPete)
a serious lack of skirmish mode options, set wealth options etc to maybe make things take a bit longer to get instead of the AI and myself spewing out units and a stupid rate. Just a general serious lack of options for anything really annoys me and the only way to get a fairly good game is with another player.

I wonder what for you need more options when you have some problems with this simple game.
More options, more troubles, then better is less options and less troubles.

I doubt that set wealth options makes game better.

You can enjoy the game playing even against AI now. You can play fairly good games there. Humans players sometime used quite strange and unrealistic tactics in C2, therefore I prefer play against computer. It is more predictable and never cheating too much.

Message edited by Nowy - Friday, 02/March/2012, 2:08 PM

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Back to Cossacks 2 (a few issues)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: