[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » How to play your own music in-game (how to play your own music in cossacks 2)
How to play your own music in-game
Kalle4000Date: Monday, 19/March/2012, 3:44 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey Guys, this isn't really a question, it's more like a tip cool for anyone who would like to know how to play your own music in Cossacks 2 - battle for Europe (probaly also works for napoleonic wars)...

Anyway, if you know where the Cossacks 2 "music" folder is located, you just need to put your music [Needs to be: ogg. audio files) inside it, and it should play it, when your playing.
I must warn you though, if you add too many songs (probaly above 200 tracks or so), the game can become unstable (it happend to me, so i'm down on 120 songs)-

Now, i bought my game on steam, so I would ,just for fun, like to know, if this trick also works on regular versions of the game (none steam versions, those who came with CD etc.), so could anyone test it for me? I have included 2 test songs, so you can test it, in case you dont have any songs in ogg. format.

It works for me, and If it works for you, please spread the word smile

With best of luck! biggrin
Attachments: victory.ogg (558.3 Kb) · downed_intro.ogg (1.27 Mb)

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 19/March/2012, 3:55 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

It should work, because once you install patch 1.2 it will no longer require the dvd / cd to play. Since the folder structure and sound system is the same in the steam version and the original boxed release I see no reason why it wouldnt work as long as its the proper .ogg format.

I dont know about 1.3 though but I assume if you do a full install, it will take the music from the installed folder rather than the disk.

Kalle4000Date: Monday, 19/March/2012, 6:46 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Cool, hope people will find this useful biggrin

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » How to play your own music in-game (how to play your own music in cossacks 2)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: