Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Need file button_back_ii.tga
Need file button_back_ii.tga
Tim214Date: Sunday, 29/April/2012, 10:03 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello,
I bought this used hardcopy of Cossacks Gold 2006 from a friend. Cossacks 2 is one of the game inside, but I'm not sure wether it is Napoleonic Wars or Battle for Europe. Coz it seems like Napoleonic Wars but it has a game mode under Campaign labeled Battle for Europe. My system is as below:
i3 2100
H61 chipset
4GBx2 DDR3
AMD 7850
Windows 7 64bit

Everytime I choose Battle for Europe mode, occurs a warning that says fail to load file button_back_ii.tga from path C:\Program Files (x86)\GSC Game World\Cossacks II\Data\Interf3\background. I checked beforehand, button_back_ii.tga is missing.

What I'm asking is, would you give me that particular file button_back_ii.tga please?
Thanks.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 30/April/2012, 10:56 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi,

It is Napoleonic Wars , no doubt, but indeed the Global map campaign is named Battle for Europe, I always found it confusing aswell considering the addon game has the same name.

Have you tried reinstalling the game to see if it fixes the problem? I could give you the file, but then the next error might popup. If one file didnt install properly then chances are that more files are not installed;

When the error appears, normally you get a choice to ignore the warning, see if anymore errors pop up and then report back please.

Additionnally, attach the content of data/loading.log and data/log.txt

Regards.

Tim214Date: Monday, 30/April/2012, 8:33 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Thank you for your reply.
On your suggestion I've reinstalled Cossacks 2 Napoleonic Wars and the problem has been solved!
The thing is, first I copied all the Cossacks 2 NW installation files from the dvd disk into the hard disk in order to speed up installation process. Then I execute the setup on hard disk. Although successful, it results in missing file as described in my first post even after another reinstallation. But everything is okay when I installed it right off the dvd disk.

Have a nice day.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Need file button_back_ii.tga
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: